Vibration while under torque

Kc0yve

2006 Wrangler 2.4L, 114k miles

While driving, only in 2WD and 4HI, I have a bad vibration around 1800-2300 RPM. I am replacing clutch/pressure plate/associated bearings this weekend. If stationary and holding same RPM range, I am not getting the same vibration. While moving, if I push in clutch pedal, the vibration goes away. I have crawled underneath and tried moving driveshafts and everything seems fine there. It is really driving me nuts, what else should I look at?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
2006 Wrangler 2.4L, 114k miles

While driving, only in 2WD and 4HI, I have a bad vibration around 1800-2300 RPM. I am replacing clutch/pressure plate/associated bearings this weekend. If stationary and holding same RPM range, I am not getting the same vibration. While moving, if I push in clutch pedal, the vibration goes away. I have crawled underneath and tried moving driveshafts and everything seems fine there. It is really driving me nuts, what else should I look at?

Sounds like your heading in the right direction with replacing the clutch and pressure plate.

bhaner

It could be your rear pinion angle. That will give a vibration under load if it is out of range.

jdofmemi

If the clutch don't solve it, go back to the u joints. They can cause a vibration before they are loose enough to feel by hand.

Top Bottom