gear help

Ricks31

Hey folks, I'm trying to find gears for my 19 jlu sport manual. Any help on brand would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to re gear to 4.88s.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey folks, I'm trying to find gears for my 19 jlu sport manual. Any help on brand would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to re gear to 4.88s.

If it's like the JK, most gears are manufactured in the same place and re-branded. Not sure what's out there yet for the JL though.

Exodus 4x4

If you’re still looking for gears, we have a sale on Revolution starting tomorrow. Call the shop and we can set you up

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
If it's like the JK, most gears are manufactured in the same place and re-branded. Not sure what's out there yet for the JL though.

I have a dumb question. Why is it that you can only get 3.73 gearing, and not 4.10, with the Diesel engine? It seems like Jeep would give the option. But I figure I’m missing something in the knowledge base.

I have a dumb question. Why is it that you can only get 3.73 gearing, and not 4.10, with the Diesel engine? It seems like Jeep would give the option. But I figure I’m missing something in the knowledge base.

Diesel engines have this thing called "torque" that others dont.

Bierpower

Hooked

With the added torque of the diesel it won't be too sluggish and they can claim higher mpg numbers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

That engine makes plenty of torque down low, and if you rev it much the fuel mileage goes to shit.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bumping this thread. Starting to look at regearing my JLU sport w/o max tow package. What ratio is everyone running for 37’s? This Jeep will mainly be street driven with light wheeling for now but may get more trail use in later years. Was thing 4.56 or 4.88 and I wasn’t going to add lockers at this time. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked
Bumping this thread. Starting to look at rehearing my JLU sport w/o max tow package. What ratio is everyone running for 37’s? This Jeep will mainly be street driven with light wheeling for now but may get more trail use in later years. Was thing 4.56 or 4.88 and I wasn’t going to add lockers at this time. Thoughts?

I think it is the wrong thread for rehearing [emoji23][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom