Has anyone put Rubicon take off axles on their Sport?

Utah_Jay

Have a chance to pick up some Rubi take offs and want to put them on my sport. I did this same thing on my JK and it was a direct bolt on. Just had to wire up the e-lockers which was easy.

I understand the Rubi axles are wider and with the FAD (at least my sport, not sure if Rubi's have this?) is there any extra steps that need to be taken?

TIA

Have a chance to pick up some Rubi take offs and want to put them on my sport. I did this same thing on my JK and it was a direct bolt on. Just had to wire up the e-lockers which was easy.

I understand the Rubi axles are wider and with the FAD (at least my sport, not sure if Rubi's have this?) is there any extra steps that need to be taken?

TIA

Yes the Rubicon axles will work just fine. Brackets are in the correct place and yes, all of them have FAD. Likely the only thing you’ll need to do is program the new gear ratio and figure out the locker wiring and programming but the Tazer for the JL should do all of that.

Good luck.

MericaMade

I read while searching the question that you need the Rubicon or aftermarket adjustable track bar because the bracket on the rubi axle is in a different location because of the extra width. Can someone confirm that?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I read while searching the question that you need the Rubicon or aftermarket adjustable track bar because the bracket on the rubi axle is in a different location because of the extra width. Can someone confirm that?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can’t confirm personally. But even then, if he’s looking into rubicon axles for his sport it’s probably a safe bet a lift and bigger shoes are going on. So an adjustable track bar is probably wise regardless.

Top Bottom