EVO bomber rockers and armor

Reaper

Need an update on someone who has these. Do you love them? Have you taken any hits on them and if so how did they hold up? Just wondering if ordering these is worth it vs the round bar type of rockers?

MericaMade

Need an update on someone who has these. Do you love them? Have you taken any hits on them and if so how did they hold up? Just wondering if ordering these is worth it vs the round bar type of rockers?
I have them and love them. I have taken some pretty good shots with them and they do what they are made to do. There is a video of Eddie taking a hard shot and all good at the end on the day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Eddie and Cindy are running them on their JL and on their JT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I won't lie, I had my doubts about them. As mentioned, I have hit them incredibly hard and on more than a few occasions and what I can tell you is that doing so will cause the super thin body panel just in front of the front doors to warp. The good news is that you can literally fix this by loosening up the bolts located in the door jam area, push the body panel in by hand and then tighten up the bolts again to fix it. Another thing to note is that I have been able to crush in the rocker guard itself or at least, on my JT. Granted, the surface area is a LOT longer and I can guarantee you that I would have bent or dented in a frame mounted rocker guard with the same hit. All you need to do is look at Moby's rocker guards to know what I'm saying is true. :crazyeyes:

Overall, I still love how they look and how they give you more clearance at the rockers. While I would still prefer EVO frame mounted rockers, these are holding up and doing a much better job of protecting my Jeeps that I would have thought.

Reaper

I won't lie, I had my doubts about them. As mentioned, I have hit them incredibly hard and on more than a few occasions and what I can tell you is that doing so will cause the super thin body panel just in front of the front doors to warp. The good news is that you can literally fix this by loosening up the bolts located in the door jam area, push the body panel in by hand and then tighten up the bolts again to fix it. Another thing to note is that I have been able to crush in the rocker guard itself or at least, on my JT. Granted, the surface area is a LOT longer and I can guarantee you that I would have bent or dented in a frame mounted rocker guard with the same hit. All you need to do is look at Moby's rocker guards to know what I'm saying is true. :crazyeyes:

Overall, I still love how they look and how they give you more clearance at the rockers. While I would still prefer EVO frame mounted rockers, these are holding up and doing a much better job of protecting my Jeeps that I would have thought.

Yeah I was liking the way the armor and the bomber rockers looked together, but i was iffy on the durability. I dont do rocks NEARLY as much as you do so if you can use them the same way a normal frame mounted slider would be used I think I will order them. Been waiting the 3 weeks for a while now waiting on those Evo ones hahaha.

MericaMade

Yeah I was liking the way the armor and the bomber rockers looked together, but i was iffy on the durability. I dont do rocks NEARLY as much as you do so if you can use them the same way a normal frame mounted slider would be used I think I will order them. Been waiting the 3 weeks for a while now waiting on those Evo ones hahaha.
Lol I feel you on that. I was promised by Evo they would have a shorter style quarter pounder mid front bumper out before Christmas last October. Still waiting patiently.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

It's only 3 more weeks....

i'm wondering if part of the problem is the thinner frame on the JL. Guessing they have to increase the footprint quite at the attachment points to distribute the load and shock which creates other issues as well. plus, the development of all of the JT stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Honestly, I think you'll find that these will hold up well.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
i'm wondering if part of the problem is the thinner frame on the JL. Guessing they have to increase the footprint quite at the attachment points to distribute the load and shock which creates other issues as well. plus, the development of all of the JT stuff.

I touched on this subject on Facebook a few weeks ago...

Screenshot_20200304-161035_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom