Brake Booster - Big B

I am currently running 35's on a 2010 Jeep Rubicon and find the brake pedal low. The brake fluid has been recently flushed and new fluid installed, newer brake pads and rotors are all ok.
Has anyone installed a big bore master cylinder with oem brakes & rotors ?
Did it firm up the pedal.

Sent from my SM-T810 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you still have air in the lines. You don't need a bigger brake booster especially with just 35's. Hell, I still run an OE brake booster to stop my 40's.

MericaMade

I am currently running 35's on a 2010 Jeep Rubicon and find the brake pedal low. The brake fluid has been recently flushed and new fluid installed, newer brake pads and rotors are all ok.

Did this on my buddies 17 Rubi. Did the Mopar big brake boost kit, vaccum pump, and 6 piston front calipers with slotted rotors. The rear is still stock setup. For the the cost of this package I was not impressed at all.

To answer you question, yes it firmed up the pedal, but not much in my opinion. I do not feel it stops any better either. To add, it was professionally bleed as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just replaced my master cylinder with a stock unit again. Stock has done so well for me with the dynatrac progrips that I decided to stay with it. Almost went JK8 kit but members here steered me away from it. I’m glad I did. Saved me about $150 on something I prob didn’t need.
IMG_0148.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked

My 2010 JK Rubicon brakes felt soft after longer lines installed. I also did a fluid flush but all remained the same.

You still have air in the system and it's in the ABS system. You need to have an activated ABS brake bleed done.

I was still able to bring my Cooper STT Pros to a quick stop with Dynatrac Pros and the softer brake pedal but after the ABS brake bleed, brake pedal is much firmer.

FYI - most 2010 JK Rubicon models came with a big bore master cylinder. Check your VIN and part number on the master cylinder

Last edited:
Top Bottom