JL LCA torque setting confusion

jeeeep

Hooked
I've begun to make changes to my "18 JL and trying to figure out what torque setting is for the LCA.

I see in the torque specs 103 Ft-Lb +50* (I need to pick up a torque angle gauge) but the instructions I have for this lift indicate factory torque specs but then list LCA torque at 190 Ft-Lb

190 seems high considering JK was only 125Ft-Lb ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've begun to make changes to my "18 JL and trying to figure out what torque setting is for the LCA.

I see in the torque specs 103 Ft-Lb +50* (I need to pick up a torque angle gauge) but the instructions I have for this lift indicate factory torque specs but then list LCA torque at 190 Ft-Lb

190 seems high considering JK was only 125Ft-Lb ?

The JK also used nuts that required a 21mm socket. The JL uses a 24mm :shock:

jeeeep

Hooked
I would do what your instructions tell you to do. I think I tightened mine to 150 ft. lbs. but who knows, maybe that wasn't enough. :crazyeyes:

you've been out far more than me and from what I can tell nothing has fallen off?

I tried to get to 190 and feel like i'm going to snap the bolt if I keep tightening it.

Also wasn't that difficult to break the bolts loose when I took them off.

Thanks for the insight, I think i'll stop at 150 and wait for my torque angle gauge to arrive then check them again :thumb:

Top Bottom