Lunch Box Locker

Hey everyone. I'm planning on adding a Lunch Box locker. I'm financial strapped right now but want get rid of open diff. Can anyone tell me what the OEM diff spline is? Also has anyone had experience with Lunch Box Lockers? I hear they can be noisy?

Thanks for your help everyone.

jdofmemi

From what I have heard, the JK computer for stability and traction control don't play well with any kind of automatic locker.

Others with more experience than me will have to explain the details.

Sometimes they make clicking noises. I’ve never experienced one nearly as loud as you guys are claiming. I wouldn’t put one in the front on a daily driver, rather have it open than automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Depending on what year model Jk you have. 2007-2011 can run auto locker. 2012 - up no go.
I ran a Detroit Locker for about a year and half in 2010. No issues other than tire chirping in sharp turns at the mall. But I have changed to selectable lockers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mattznpc

I run a lokka in the front on my 2011, works great but does make some noise when making sharp turns into parking spaces. I have a lokka for a 44 for sale if anyone is interested

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

mewaschuk

I've got a Torq-Master in my JK X D30 w/ manual trans front for ~10k miles driving and lots of pretty hard trails. No issues with traction control or the like. Only 'issue' is tight turning into parking spaces on hot top is does ratchet...like it supposed to...use of a heavier weight non synthetic diff fluid made a huge difference and I would not consider it an 'issue' at all. I recommend them 10000%. And MADE IN USA !

Last edited:
Top Bottom