Evo Rear Fascia with frame mounted AEV tire carrier?

Catfathers

Hey guys,

I found a deal on a NIB quarter pounder front and rear fascia with VKS D ring for $650. Will the rear fascia work with my AEV tire carrier? It mounts to the passenger frame and utilizes the hole Hard Rock and some other rear bumpers. Maybe I could cut a bit off the passenger side of the rear fascia or something? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hey guys,

I found a deal on a NIB quarter pounder front and rear fascia with VKS D ring for $650. Will the rear fascia work with my AEV tire carrier? It mounts to the passenger frame and utilizes the hole Hard Rock and some other rear bumpers. Maybe I could cut a bit off the passenger side of the rear fascia or something? Thoughts?

Yes you can make it work. Just gotta modify it a little. There’s a few guys on here that have done it. You may be able to search and find the posts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Hot damn! I figured this was too hyper specific to even bother searching for but it turns out I was wrong. Thanks!

Sorry to highjack your thread. What do you think of the AEV carrier? My JKU came stock with the AEV bumpers and I was eyeballing that carrier. I really like the big EVO carrier that connects to the corner panel armor. But not sure if it's worth the added weight...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sorry to highjack your thread. What do you think of the AEV carrier? My JKU came stock with the AEV bumpers and I was eyeballing that carrier. I really like the big EVO carrier that connects to the corner panel armor. But not sure if it's worth the added weight...

I’ve had mine on since the Jeep was brand new and has been great. Never had an issue with it opening and closing even with a 40” tire and a full tank of gas on it.

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Now with 40s, I had to chop the rear corner guards and lose the water tanks. I still need to finish up grinding down the corners and repaint, but this will give you the idea of where I’m taking mine. I thought about the rear EVO Facia but I elected to keep the AEV bumper to help protect the spare because it projects out a couple inches further than the EVO.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I’ve had mine on since the Jeep was brand new and has been great. Never had an issue with it opening and closing even with a 40” tire and a full tank of gas on it.

View attachment 342477

View attachment 342478

Now with 40s, I had to chop the rear corner guards and lose the water tanks. I still need to finish up grinding down the corners and repaint, but this will give you the idea of where I’m taking mine. I thought about the rear EVO Facia but I elected to keep the AEV bumper to help protect the spare because it projects out a couple inches further than the EVO.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Awesome, looks great! I like this bumper, it's stout. And I've seen enough videos of people dropping off obstacles and crinkling a corner I'd like to keep it there for protection. I thought the whole water tank thing was a little gimmicky but I got to give AEV props for thinking out of the box. I figured I'd have to chop the corners/tanks down when I stepped up in tire size for clearance, thanks for letting me see how you did it!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome, looks great! I like this bumper, it's stout. And I've seen enough videos of people dropping off obstacles and crinkling a corner I'd like to keep it there for protection. I thought the whole water tank thing was a little gimmicky but I got to give AEV props for thinking out of the box. I figured I'd have to chop the corners/tanks down when I stepped up in tire size for clearance, thanks for letting me see how you did it!

You bet. In truth, we did use the water on a bunch of runs. But I plan just carrying extra water in a different way now that they’re gone.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeeeep

Hooked

I've bought the AEV carrier in 2015 and have it on my 2010 JK with 37's. still opens and closes as smooth as the day I installed it.

The lower mounting hardware did loosen up and fall off within 6months but the replacements have stayed in place.

I thought about getting rid of it for a tailgate mounted carrier but it's been reliable :thumb:

Catfathers

No high Jack at all. I love it. I really like to look of the “basket” style carries (Evo, PS, etc) but I think the AEV is pretty tough to beat. It mounts up high, gets it off the tailgate, has lots of accessories for a fuel tank (which I have) hi-lift, third brake light, you name it. I greased it when I installed it in 2017 and haven’t touched it since. Perfectly smooth and quiet. I can’t really say enough good things about it

Top Bottom