Wheel Spacers ??

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I am currently running 1.5” spacers on my JKU. My new Dirty Life wheels have 4.5” of backspace, so that puts me at 3” of backspace. To be honest, I’m a little uncomfortable with that much backspace. My question is...Is anyone using 1” wheel spacers? Is it not a good idea or not safe? Looking for some advice before I possibly go this route.
Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I am currently running 1.5” spacers on my JKU. My new Dirty Life wheels have 4.5” of backspace, so that puts me at 3” of backspace. To be honest, I’m a little uncomfortable with that much backspace. My question is...Is anyone using 1” wheel spacers? Is it not a good idea or not safe? Looking for some advice before I possibly go this route.
Thanks all.

I've been running at 3" BS since I installed the 37s with no issues. I was concerned at first too.

I think anything less than 1.5" causes problems with the wheel studs being too long.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

It’s not that big a deal. People overthink backspacing way too much. You’re not going to burn through bearings over an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I've been running at 3" BS since I installed the 37s with no issues. I was concerned at first too.

I think anything less than 1.5" causes problems with the wheel studs being too long.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

It’s not that big a deal. People overthink backspacing way too much. You’re not going to burn through bearings over an inch.

Thanks for the input. Actually, it’s the wide stance that’s hard to get use to. I think maybe if I had 13.50 instead of 12.50 wide tires I wouldn’t mind it as much. Who knows? 🤷🏻*♂️

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
You can go as low as 1 1/4” without altering the studs.

On some wheels. Most of the time 1-1/4” spacers still leave a tiny bit of stud exposed and if the wheel has a solid face it won’t be able to sit flush

Top Bottom