Howdy from Atlanta

Geode

Good Morning Folks,

Here is a Saturday morning wave from Kirkwood. I have been a part of the extended Jeep family for quite a while.

I have been a FSJ owner in the past and used to be on the old Full Size Jeep forum. I've had a 74 Cherokee, an 80 Cherokee Chief W/T, a 79 Wagoneer, and an 01 Cherokee. This all started back in 1993. I finally entered into the wrangler world a few years ago when I decided I wanted to smile when I drove and traded our 2004 2500 suburban in for a 2015 JKU Rubicon.

Needless to say I have been smiling everyday since my purchase back on December 31 2016 when found and bought my JKU. Since then, 2 of my 3 brothers have bought Jeeps, and the 3rd is waiting to give his wife his Outback then he plans on buying one. Four brothers--Four Jeeps. Pretty rad.

My goal is to turn Sherman (Rubicon is tank green) into an overlanding vehicle. I try and get to North Georgia-Western North Carolina once a month to bounce around. Not looking for a crawler, but more self sustaining. Last year we organized a 4 States-4 Days overlanding trip and hitting South Carolina-North Carolina-Tennessee then coming back to Georgia.

My friends and I are more of the DIY variety, so we are constantly looking for ways to custom build items rather than straight up purchasing. For example, I have built a table and a drop table for the tailgate. Once I figure out which roof rack to purchase, I plan on making my own roadshower and awning. As another example, I found a thread (could have been here-don't remember) where they turned a JKU stock bumper into 4-5 gallons of water storage utilizing parts from RV's and campers. I dig that shit.

While this is my first post, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading other threads here on the board. Members provide great information as well as truth and sarcasm. I honestly don't mean to be more of a lurker, but if 4 people have, in my opinion, provided sound advice or insight on a question, then I typically do not weigh in. I am always happy to share my misfortune such that others may learn or call me names for being a dumbass.

Sherman has some issues, some of which I don't understand, but I'll figure them out and keep on lovin the life.

Thanks again, and here are some photos of Sherman in various poses.
ABFM3970.jpg IMG_2098.jpg IMG_1561.jpg IMG_2102.jpg IMG_2099.jpg

Geode

Thanks folks!

The table was fun to make. Not strong enough to actually use for food prep, but it will certainly hold a speaker and a beer while camping.

Top Bottom