EVO Stage 4 HC Long arm coilovers rough ride

I had the Evo kit installed and I'm experiencing a rougher then desired ride. Just driving over speed bumps I'd say it rides like my truck...a 2017 f350 diesel. I'm wondering if anyone can help me tune this a little bit. Mostly I want it smooth for rough logging roads with some snow mud and rock wheeling. Ideally it comes out smoother than stock ride over logging roads. I do have front king bumps to soak up a hard hit. Right now the upper coils I have are 12" 200's riding over 14" 250's. I'm new to Jeeps and coilovers but I'm seeing 2" lift spring rates for JL's of +- 125 front with 175 rear. Should I look into coils closer to this spring rate and what would should my lowers be?
Thank you in advance for any help.

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to Wayalife. This may be a stupid and beginner type question, but what's your tire pressure at?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Coil overs are all about adjustability and tinkering. You’ll probably have to mess with top and bottom coil rates, dampening, etc. to get the feel you want. They are not one size fits all, install and forget.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

I would suggest you call and talk to a shop like Accutune about dialing in your spring rates. There’s a lot of variables that need to be taken into account here in order for you to get the most out of your coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Coil overs are all about adjustability and tinkering. You’ll probably have to mess with top and bottom coil rates, dampening, etc. to get the feel you want. They are not one size fits all, install and forget.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is definitely true. I'm thinking of getting some measurements so I can figure out my corner weights and going from there.

I would suggest you call and talk to a shop like Accutune about dialing in your spring rates. There’s a lot of variables that need to be taken into account here in order for you to get the most out of your coilovers.

I think I'll try it. Maybe they already have the formula I'm looking for.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's right, I'm going to do what I can until I'm happy with it. Or should I just deal with it tough guy?

Am I a tough guy because I asked a simple question or am I a tough guy because I’m pointing out the obvious and how stupid you are? Call evo mfg, explain your situation and adjust your coilovers. It’s not that difficult.

I’m guessing this is your first jeep. You fit the JL mold perfectly. :thumb:

Am I a tough guy because I asked a simple question or am I a tough guy because I’m pointing out the obvious and how stupid you are? Call evo mfg, explain your situation and adjust your coilovers. It’s not that difficult.

I’m guessing this is your first jeep. You fit the JL mold perfectly. :thumb:

If you weren't being a tough guy, why didn't you suggest this earlie? I already posted that I'm new into Jeeps and coilovers. Is this not acceptable? I don't think that's a reason to shame someone. Thanks man.

deezus

If you're new to Jeeps and new to wheeling what made you decide to go with a coil over/ long arm?
The reason I ask is because you may not know this but you just bought like one of the top of the line coil over and long arm kits that's available if not the best that's available that being said the good thing about coilovers is they're adjustability you actually bought a multiple different lifts because you can adjust it to any height within three to five inches that you want.
The negative thing about it is this adjustability I mean you could go crazy adjusting this thing if that you can call that a negative I don't but it took me at least 2 months to get my ride height established and my ride the way I want it now it's perfect [emoji106] You might be quicker than me because I'm not the best at this I'm a newbie at this as well.
I didn't read all the posts so I don't know if you had another company do it but if another company installed it they should have dialed that in for you and if they didn't then if you're close to off-road evolution you might want to go by there and ask them to dial it in for you, it's going to cost you but it's going to be worth it if you don't know what you're doing. Tire pressure,tires, lift height, preload and timing rings all factor in.
The other thing you may not know is you just bought a lifetime shock if it's a king and that means that you could actually have it rebuilt in the valving adjusted to make it as soft as you want it.
Take care.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked
If you're new to Jeeps and new to wheeling what made you decide to go with a coil over/ long arm?
The reason I ask is because you may not know this but you just bought like one of the top of the line coil over and long arm kits that's available if not the best that's available that being said the good thing about coilovers is they're adjustability you actually bought a multiple different lifts because you can adjust it to any height within three to five inches that you want.
The negative thing about it is this adjustability I mean you could go crazy adjusting this thing if that you can call that a negative I don't but it took me at least 2 months to get my ride height established and my ride the way I want it now it's perfect [emoji106] You might be quicker than me because I'm not the best at this I'm a newbie at this as well.
I didn't read all the posts so I don't know if you had another company do it but if another company installed it they should have dialed that in for you and if they didn't then if you're close to off-road evolution you might want to go by there and ask them to dial it in for you, it's going to cost you but it's going to be worth it if you don't know what you're doing. Tire pressure,tires, lift height, preload and timing rings all factor in.
The other thing you may not know is you just bought a lifetime shock if it's a king and that means that you could actually have it rebuilt in the valving adjusted to make it as soft as you want it.
Take care.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bud I just had the worst Dpeterson flashback in a long long while :icon_crazy:

LOL ....................................

Top Bottom