Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
My wife bought me tickets to see Billy Idol in Vegas a few months ago. The concert is this Saturday and her boss is giving her shit about us flying to Vegas and going to the show due to Coronavirus. He says she might have to stay home for two weeks upon return. Anyone else running into this at their workplace? No, she doesn’t work at a nursing home btw or with the elderly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
My wife bought me tickets to see Billy Idol in Vegas a few months ago. The concert is this Saturday and her boss is giving her shit about us flying to Vegas and going to the show due to Coronavirus. He says she might have to stay home for two weeks upon return. Anyone else running into this at their workplace? No, she doesn’t work at a nursing home btw or with the elderly.

Tell her to tell her boss that unless he is going to pay her to stay home she'll be there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Tell her to tell her boss that unless he is going to pay her to stay home she'll be there.

Well, actually, she has accrued enough vacation time to take it off. The guy is trying to corona guilt her into not going or something. I think the media has gotten to him but I’m surprised he’s acting like this because he’s generally pretty level headed.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Anyone self quarantined?

Yup, extra paid time off or see you on Monday. People need to get a grip.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I think the media has gotten to him....

It's happening everywhere. IMO, everyone wants to be a political hero and say 'I did what's best for the company' so they don't have any liability if someone gets sick.

I could be wrong though and we'll all just die. If so, my bad.

Ddays

Hooked
My daughter's univ cancelled classes for the next 2-1/2 weeks. She's coming home tomorrow. My middle daughter's company is telling their employees the two week time off if you travel.

No toilet paper at the stores, shelves are empty of water, Campbells is running into a soup shortage....this is getting fucking retarded.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
My daughter's univ cancelled classes for the next 2-1/2 weeks. She's coming home tomorrow. My middle daughter's company is telling their employees the two week time off if you travel.

No toilet paper at the stores, shelves are empty of water, Campbells is running into a soup shortage....this is getting fucking retarded.

This was the toilet paper aisle at a local Walmart this weekend:

IMG_4943.JPG

TheGrendel

My mom and her friend were in Paris and Strasbourg. They came back early as things were starting to get a bit crazy. They weren’t around many people since they’d both been to France many times. Weren’t going for the sites etc. my mom is 69 and is in very good health. She’s retired. So, I convinced her to self quarantine for a bit. Mostly because she has a lot of friends 70+. Don’t want to chance spreading it to any of them or family.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Well, actually, she has accrued enough vacation time to take it off. The guy is trying to corona guilt her into not going or something. I think the media has gotten to him but I’m surprised he’s acting like this because he’s generally pretty level headed.

Well I wouldn't want to burn up all my vacation time because my boss wouldn't let me come to work.

Just in case though please see my ad link posted below.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=59601

TheGrendel

Also my company has enacted security measures. If you travel to a “hot spot”, you will have to self quarantine for 14 days before returning to work. We can work from home and not take PTO though.

Jsouder53

Hooked

It sounds like it’s getting out of hand everywhere! Montana is still fine and acting normal as far as I know lol

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Anyone self quarantined?

Yea they just canceled Stagecoach due to corona virus. Moved it to October.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

benatc1

Hooked
This shit is getting out of hand.
So true, my entire job (100% commission for pay) revolves around me entering hospitals and operating rooms. You wouldn't believe some of the steps that are being taken. Granted some of it is probably warranted as precaution but I think were a couple bad things away from them shutting down non essential surgeries for who knows how long.

I just wonder where everyone will draw the line with all these closures and everything involved It's not like the cure is a month away and all will be well. But maybe a short term freeze on everything possible can really slow or stop the spread of it. Hell if I know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Can someone please explain to me why there is a run on TP? I just don’t see the correlation to a pandemic.

If society quarantines itself and essential services completely stop because nobody is going to work, that would include municipal sewer systems. You wouldn’t be able to flush the five thousand rolls of TP stocked to the ceiling in your garage.

I can somewhat understand bottled water if there is a fear that domestic water service would stop. I could also understand stocking up on non-perishable food...but stocking up on asswipe?!?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom