Pretty cool video of a great win.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Sweet video to watch and a big congratulations

I have a question, Maybe Eddie can answer. Mel refers to this jeep as the first official desert rated jeep and they mention the Mojave edition. I’m is this an actual Mohave JT as in is the frame the upgraded reinforced Mohave frame? I was under the impression it was just a sport JT (OG-40) back to stock configuration.

How’d the front axle hold up? Stock axles shafts and just trussed?
Looks Like he lost a tail light and front KC lights.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a question, Maybe Eddie can answer. Mel refers to this jeep as the first official desert rated jeep and they mention the Mojave edition. I’m is this an actual Mohave JT as in is the frame the upgraded reinforced Mohave frame? I was under the impression it was just a sport JT (OG-40) back to stock configuration.

This is not an actual Mojave JT but much of what you see on the Mojave was developed by Alex (the co-driver/Jeep engineer) and with Mel's help over the past couple of years using OG40.

How’d the front axle hold up? Stock axles shafts and just trussed?

If you can believe it, both front and rear axles are Rubicon's and they came from our Gladiator. Held up great! :yup:

Looks Like he lost a tail light and front KC lights.

Yup, aside from the lights, they ended up tearing off the front sway bar and that took out the AC condenser and so they didn't have AC for about half the race LOL :D

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I thought it was pretty sweet that Chevrolet had developed a Colorado for racing. To beat it is pretty cool. It’s nice to see a couple of American car companies racing off road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is not an actual Mojave JT but much of what you see on the Mojave was developed by Alex (the co-driver/Jeep engineer) and with Mel's help over the past couple of years using OG40.

If you can believe it, both front and rear axles are Rubicon's and they came from our Gladiator. Held up great! :yup:

Yup, aside from the lights, they ended up tearing off the front sway bar and that took out the AC condenser and so they didn't have AC for about half the race LOL :D

They had a lose control arm bolt. I head the squeaky clunk. I know that well. Lol

bkac

Caught the Bug

That’s so awesome! Thanks for the info and I knew you could confirm. I was just wondering about the frame. I thought it was interesting when they announced the Mohave edition and the frame reinforcements and steel knuckles. Kinda been my thoughts for issues all along. Time will tell with the none Mohave frames. I really wish they’d make a I don’t care about fuel mileage and towing capacity package and go back to the JK thickness frame, no FAD, old school belt driven non electric steering pump with a cast steering box, and cast knuckles. Is that to much to wish for? [emoji4]

BaddestCross

That’s so awesome! Thanks for the info and I knew you could confirm. I was just wondering about the frame. I thought it was interesting when they announced the Mohave edition and the frame reinforcements and steel knuckles. Kinda been my thoughts for issues all along. Time will tell with the none Mohave frames. I really wish they’d make a I don’t care about fuel mileage and towing capacity package and go back to the JK thickness frame, no FAD, old school belt driven non electric steering pump with a cast steering box, and cast knuckles. Is that to much to wish for? [emoji4]

You can still find a JK for sale. [emoji848]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

bonedoc

Awesome video!! Was amazing to see just how much sway the front end had with no swaybar. Congratulations to Mel, Jeep, and all involved!!

Top Bottom