35 inch tires

P&PJeep

I want to change my JL Wrangler Sport stock look. Thinking of a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires. My questions are:
1. Will I need to regear once the 35 inch tires are put on?
2. What backspacing would you recommend?

3.6 L V6
8-speed 850RE automatic transmission
3.45 gear ratio
Current tires - 245/75R17 All terrain

Sent from my SM-T510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a JL sport which I put 35" tires on and I feel there is no need to re-gear. I just went with the aev 2" spacer lift, which comes with the snap so you can re calibrate your speedo. as far as back spacing goes, not sure, I added 1.625" synergy wheel spacers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want to change my JL Wrangler Sport stock look. Thinking of a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires. My questions are:

3.6 L V6
3.45 gear ratio

Being that you have the 8-speed auto, you should be fine with 35's. My rule of thumb is to regear ONLY if you feel the need for it AFTER running bigger tires. No need to spend money on something you don't really need. :cool:

jdofmemi

I would say it will be fine. Only regear afterwards if you are not happy with the performance.

For reference, the JL with 4.10 gears and 37s performed at least as good plus got way better mileage compared to my JK on 37s with 5.13 gears.

BaddestCross

mbperfection

3.6 L V6
3.45 gear ratio

Sent from my SM-T510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just bought the 2021 Wrangler JL Sport with the same specs on engine, transmission, tire, and gear ratio. Mine is Black with hardtop :).
I also share your thoughts on upgrading to 35in. I have been searching the web about regear for 35 in. seems like there arent many posts out there yet.
Have you install any power lock and windows yet ? thats on my to-do list.
BTW. if you can, please upload some photos when you install your 35s

Best

WJCO

Meme King
I want to change my JL Wrangler Sport stock look. Thinking of a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires.

I just bought the 2021 Wrangler JL Sport with the same specs on engine, transmission, tire, and gear ratio. Mine is Black with hardtop :).
I also share your thoughts on upgrading to 35in. I have been searching the web about regear for 35 in. seems like there arent many posts out there yet.

2020 JLU Sport. 4 cyl turbo, Automatic. 3.45 gears. 35s with no lift. We either went 4.5 or 4.75 on the wheel backspacing; can't remember. We have no reason to re-gear. Power is fine.
We also have 35s on the Gladiator with 4.10 gears and the 3.6. No reason to re-gear. Power is fine.

j (1).jpg

j (2).jpg

jdofmemi

Have you install any power lock and windows yet ? thats on my to-do list.

Best

The 8 speed is a game changer. You will hardly notice any loss in performance going to 35s.

mbperfection

2020 JLU Sport. 4 cyl turbo, Automatic. 3.45 gears. 35s with no lift. We either went 4.5 or 4.75 on the wheel backspacing; can't remember. We have no reason to re-gear. Power is fine.
We also have 35s on the Gladiator with 4.10 gears and the 3.6. No reason to re-gear. Power is fine.

View attachment 355345

View attachment 355346

your build looks SLEEK !!!! NICE JOB DONE !
Also, thank you for confirming about the stock gear ratio with 35s. I am looking forward to upgrade in 2021 summer.
At this point, I am researching into adding power door lock and power window to JLU sport. I have seen people oversea had added stock power door lock and window to his JLU Sport, on his post, seems like a complicated process.
FYI: in case you want to read the post, https://club.m.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread/81adc9c11e1b803f/85610863-1.html#12141, make sure you use google translate to comprehend the post.

Top Bottom