Rear View Mirror Backup Camera

Noble Woodsman

I installed this rear view mirror camera this weekend and have been enjoying it, so i figured I would share my experience in case others were looking for a similar solution to see around their oversized spare tire in the back window.

It comes with a rear facing camera that you mount somewhere on the rear bumper or spare tire carrier, and it streams continuously to the 2K touchscreen that attaches over your factory mirror. It seems to eliminate nearly all the blind spots from the tire, tailgate, and c-pillars, and works as a normal mirror when turned off. It works well at night and doesn't wash our in headlights. The one i have in the image is a Vantop, but there are several other brands online making the same basic unit, which can be found by a quick search on Amazon. Many of them also double as a front and rear view dashcam.

If you dont already have a touchscreen head unit with camera capability, or you want a rear view camera that streams continuously while you use another screen for maps or something, something like this may be a good option.
IMG_5932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

I kind of like that idea. My rear view mirror is about as useful as an third asshole due to my tire carrier.

If it was not for the problems it would cause, I would just take it out and enjoy more of the front view.

This may be a good option for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Noble Woodsman

That’s pretty slick looking. Image quality looks really good from the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ya I was skeptical of the image quality at first too, but it's legit. I think some models out there have just the HD resolution, which might be more pixelated.

The refresh rate is only 60 Hz, so a faster refresh rate would be nice to have so fast objects would appear smoother, but it actually works quite well.

Focusing your eyes on a close screen instead of looking into a mirror takes a little getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom