Wave from Northern California

WandererJKU

Hi guys. My name is Cory, and am new to wheeling and off road culture, but been a long time Jeep fan.

I came from the hot rod culture, owning 30’s- 60’s old school cars through high school. Just after my birthday last November, I was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Been beating it since, and got to the point where the reality of life being short hits you hard. I traded in my car at the time and the wife surprised me by pulling the trigger on a 2016 rubicon JKU that I had been eyeing for some time. My goal is to learn as much as I can about wheeling, get my wife and my dog out and go see as much as we can in my dream car. Already had a 3” lift, 35’s, sliders, and a buddy got me a pair of his JWspeaker headlights that he found for $150. The Jeep was really well taken care of, but missing front and rear bumpers and winch, so I’m guessing that might be where I start. This has been long enough of a post, and those of you who have made it to here, thanks for taking the time. See ya around!

Here is a pic below of the new adventure mobile. [emoji3]
IMG_0734.jpg

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked
Welcome to WAL and good luck with your build and your fight a lot of great info here.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hi guys. My name is Cory, and am new to wheeling and off road culture, but been a long time Jeep fan.

I came from the hot rod culture, owning 30’s- 60’s old school cars through high school. Just after my birthday last November, I was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Been beating it since, and got to the point where the reality of life being short hits you hard. I traded in my car at the time and the wife surprised me by pulling the trigger on a 2016 rubicon JKU that I had been eyeing for some time. My goal is to learn as much as I can about wheeling, get my wife and my dog out and go see as much as we can in my dream car. Already had a 3” lift, 35’s, sliders, and a buddy got me a pair of his JWspeaker headlights that he found for $150. The Jeep was really well taken care of, but missing front and rear bumpers and winch, so I’m guessing that might be where I start. This has been long enough of a post, and those of you who have made it to here, thanks for taking the time. See ya around!

Here is a pic below of the new adventure mobile. [emoji3]
View attachment 343415

Good for you and great job on your fight. Wave from Oakley, CA.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom