Turn signal problems have me scratching my head

nomo$inpocket

2015 Rubicon 49k miles 6sp. has developed a problem with turn signals. With lights off, everything works as it should, BUT when I turn the lights on the back up lights come on and the lift side front signal go into hyper flash and only the front blinks. took to dealer and was told the TIPM has a bad ground and for $1200 they would put a new one in. I bought a rebuilt TIPM for 300 but still have the same problems. also bought new multifunction light/blinker arm. no fix there either. I have done the soft and hard reset on the TIPM nd have flashed the ECU. Soon as the weather clears and the mud dries up i'm going to go over all the grounds...other than that.. i'm looking for HELP, IDEAS. this can't be the only Jeep that's had this problem.. :crazyeyes:

JKbrick

2015 Rubicon 49k miles 6sp. has developed a problem with turn signals. With lights off, everything works as it should, BUT when I turn the lights on the back up lights come on and the lift side front signal go into hyper flash and only the front blinks. took to dealer and was told the TIPM has a bad ground and for $1200 they would put a new one in. I bought a rebuilt TIPM for 300 but still have the same problems. also bought new multifunction light/blinker arm. no fix there either. I have done the soft and hard reset on the TIPM nd have flashed the ECU. Soon as the weather clears and the mud dries up i'm going to go over all the grounds...other than that.. i'm looking for HELP, IDEAS. this can't be the only Jeep that's had this problem.. :crazyeyes:

I just went through all this and mine ended up being a bad instrument cluster believe it or not

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

That's crazy...never ever would have checked that. how did you find it? and what was the bill?

Looooooooooong story short I ended up taking it to the dealership, Bill was $1200 and change plus I had $300 in a TIPM repair and $400 to a guy that was on the right track but I lost confidence in after 4 months

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom