Build up of Mountain Goat

RocDoc

Don’t have early pics but, I bought it a year and a half ago. 2007 JKU. It was stock minus so horrendous rims. I swapped those for 17” steelies (the ones you currently see) and 33” Kanati Mud Terrains, which barely lasted 30k miles with a 5 tire rotation schedule.

B264CE37-8518-499A-B47E-405C53E94D1D.jpg
Building passenger side slider

Adjustments.JPG
Heim jointed drag link

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG
Driver side slider finished, testing both as jack points, they passed.

IMG_3243.jpg
New toys going in-14 bolt and Dana 60. Both have Artec trusses, Torq lockers, 5.13 gears, 60 tooth abs tone rings and provisions for ABS sensor placement.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RocDoc

Just got them. They're still sitting in the garage. Today I should have the wheels and in the next few days, the J8 master/booster combo. After that I'll put the rear in. Then it's building the steering. I already have new brake lines and lower control arms.

Are the axles on it or did you just get them?

RocDoc

Did some fender trimming, plenty of room now
IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

Something fell off...
IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

And something magically, and with lots of cussing, found its way in place...

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

A preview of whats to come...
IMG_3378.jpg

RocDoc

Ok so last night I screwed up and mounted the coils on top of the retainers (roast away, rookie mistake, it was late, I was tired, I offer no other excuses, haha)

Today I fixed that, rerouted the brake lines, plugged in the wheel speed sensors, had tires mounted/balanced, ordered rear driveshaft and parking brake cables....

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

When I did the Sterling swap on my old Bronco, I remember it being way easier, that or I’m just getting old and out of shape, haha!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ok so last night I screwed up and mounted the coils on top of the retainers (roast away, rookie mistake, it was late, I was tired, I offer no other excuses, haha)

Today I fixed that, rerouted the brake lines, plugged in the wheel speed sensors, had tires mounted/balanced, ordered rear driveshaft and parking brake cables....

View attachment 344116

View attachment 344117

When I did the Sterling swap on my old Bronco, I remember it being way easier, that or I’m just getting old and out of shape, haha!

That 14 bolts a beast of an axle. For you to tackle that with out a lift is a huge accomplishment. When’s the front going in?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RocDoc

That 14 bolts a beast of an axle. For you to tackle that with out a lift is a huge accomplishment. When’s the front going in?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

In a couple of weeks. I want to get the rear completely finished and dialed in. I’m already seeing either I need to raise the trackbar a bit or get an adjustable one (adjustable one in future, adjust the stock one for now most likely). I also need to get heims and build the front suspension, swap the lugs for m14-1.5 (current ones are m14-2 and finding matching spacers is a bitch). I already have replacement lower control arms and brake lines for the front.

Top Bottom