Sad day for the Jeep

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
In all this craziness going on, one of the few people on the road decided to turn left in front of me today. Luckily Cierra and I and the other driver all okay. The Jeep is definitely totaled though, the frame is bent and out of alignment. Luckily we were able to drive it home. IMG_3061.jpg IMG_3078.jpg IMG_3076.jpg IMG_3073.jpg IMG_3071.jpg

This was a spot that didn’t get touched. It was definitely a crumple zone as was the passenger front door got pinched IMG_3078.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That sucks. Sorry. :(

At least you are ok and didn’t have to go to the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
man, sorry to hear that. I had a similar situation happen to me a couple years ago. Don't be so sure they'll total it. My frame was bent pretty badly and they just replaced it :thumb:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
man, sorry to hear that. I had a similar situation happen to me a couple years ago. Don't be so sure they'll total it. My frame was bent pretty badly and they just replaced it :thumb:

That would be great. Some of the body is tweaked and I’m assuming a broken motor mount. There’s even a couple marks on pulleys on the front of the engine, not sure what all of how things moved in there.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
That sucks. Sorry. :(

At least you are ok and didn’t have to go to the hospital.

Thank you. We are definitely more sore now than a few hours ago, but still no hospital.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m sorry, that’s horrible. I glad everyone was ok, that’s the most important thing. Hopefully they don’t total it, and are willing to fix it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That’s a bum deal man. How’s the aftermarket things? Looks pretty salvageable for the next Jeep

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’m sorry, that’s horrible. I glad everyone was ok, that’s the most important thing. Hopefully they don’t total it, and are willing to fix it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m hoping they either don’t total it and give me the money to do what I want. Or they do and my buyback is low enough that it makes sense to fix it myself.

Ddays

Hooked
That would be great. Some of the body is tweaked and I’m assuming a broken motor mount. There’s even a couple marks on pulleys on the front of the engine, not sure what all of how things moved in there.

My frame was bent back 3-4 inches on the one side. The doors and windshield frame were bent., motor mounts, tranny mounts broken. The fenders were tweaked as well as the hood.
Hopefully yours can be fixed.

Brute

Hooked
My frame was bent back 3-4 inches on the one side. The doors and windshield frame were bent., motor mounts, tranny mounts broken. The fenders were tweaked as well as the hood.

And that was from just one burnout...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Oh crap!...at least everyone is safe. I'm hoping for a good outcome for you and the rig...

Thanks Brute. I’m hoping so as well. I’m already booked to make the Jeep Xperience in May and Moab in August. Who knows if those will happened now.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe I can even get Bubba to do some of the work. Ironic since I just got it back from him.

Brute

Hooked
Thanks Brute. I’m hoping so as well. I’m already booked to make the Jeep Xperience in May and Moab in August. Who knows if those will happened now.

It could end up being like The Six Million Dollar Man..."We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better stronger faster"...except not cost 6 million of course...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
It could end up being like The Six Million Dollar Man..."We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better stronger faster"...except not cost 6 million of course...

My hope is that I can at least do bolt on coilovers and tons if rebuild it.

Top Bottom