JK lean

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you have a lift installed or still stock? If you have a lift installed, which one is it?

demo29

Have about .75in dip in the front and .5in in the rear. Been reading other forms, seems the only fix is leaving kit for the passenger side. I did take it to the dealer after installation for correct alignment and over all adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
If you’re talking about a lean to one side or the other (almost always a lean to passenger in JKs), you can fix it with coil spring spacers. I put a 3/4” spacer over my rear passenger side spring and that leveled the lean.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have about .75in dip in the front and .5in in the rear. Been reading other forms, seems the only fix is leaving kit for the passenger side. I did take it to the dealer after installation for correct alignment and over all adjustments.

Was it like that from day one? If so, I would contact the manufacturer and let them know about the problem. If it's something new, could be you weren't running enough bump stop extension for the amount of lift you have and over compressed your coils a bit. Either way, you could go with what you've read elsewhere but another thing that helps a bit is to install spacers on the passenger side sway bar mounts. I'm referring to the actual mounts and NOT the links. Or, you can install adjustable links and make the passenger side ones longer.

demo29

Been digging through posts here about the same issue. Seems some were able to correct the issue with either sway bar kinks or adjusting control arms. I'll give it a shot, process of elimination. Thanks for your input.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been digging through posts here about the same issue. Seems some were able to correct the issue with either sway bar kinks or adjusting control arms. I'll give it a shot, process of elimination. Thanks for your input.

You will NOT be able to fix a lean with control arms. Not sure what "kinks" are but adjustable "links" will help out.

Brute

Hooked
If you’re talking about a lean to one side or the other (almost always a lean to passenger in JKs), you can fix it with coil spring spacers. I put a 3/4” spacer over my rear passenger side spring and that leveled the lean.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did the exact same thing with Anvil...it's perfectly level now...

zimm

Caught the Bug
1/2" spacers on passenger front and rear springs leveled me out. Don't forget to account for your own body weight in the seat when measuring for level.

demo29

So a little update. I measured the top of the spring bucket to the bottom of the frame, sure enough, the passenger side is 1/2 lower than driver side. Go figure, manufacture default or maybe set purposely for stock configuration? Either way, glad to finally find the reason of my lean. Curious to know how many have the issue.

cheefngreenz

Double check your springs. I had that right after I put my lift in... one of my springs was cocked over. Just needed reseating.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom