Knocking on the rear end.

jaywenard

Hello Jeepers,
Has anyone experience knocking on first gear acceleration. It is not that loud but I can hear and feel it. I only hear the knocking sound when Accelerating from full stop. It is intermittent. It is smooth most of the time. My Jeep is about 3-4inch lift and has 35” tires. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My stock exhaust pipe started rattling / knocking somewhere towards the rear when I would start accelerating and then stop as I got up to speed. Couldn’t find out where it was making contact. It was definitely bent from impacts. Ripped in out and threw in a Dynomax exhaust. No more knocking sound.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Of course your Jeep could also be near ‘detonation’

I used to live in a Chevy express cargo van that always had this cylinder misfire code. One time, this guy in North Carolina warned us that we might be in for a detonation.

Better be careful, bud.
IMG_0572.JPG

jkwaterdog

I had something similar. Ended up being some free space in my rear control arm joints. I pulled the arms cleaned and re assembled the joints ( johnny joint type). Prob solved. No more knocking on acceleration. Good luck.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Lol. Like you quoted... One time it was a loose bolt on a rear control arm and another the clips had fallen out of my front brake pads.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

It’s gotten to the point that can actually tell what rack noise is. I’ll be driving down the road, here a pop, and can almost tell you exactly which control arm bolt is loose.

Top Bottom