Hi from Grand Junction, CO

Fairly new to off roading and having a blast. My dad got me into this when he flew out and we rented a Jeep for a few days in Moab a couple years ago. We were hooked after that. He later picked up this 2007 Rubicon dirt cheap. We found out why. Pretty much everything that could be wrong with it was. We've replaced or upgraded so many parts now that is is almost like new. It still has some gremlins that I'm chasing like door locks that never want to work, but mechanically it's very good now with all new gearing, bearings, u-joints, ball joints, brakes, shocks, steering gear box, steering components from Steer Smarts, Core control arms and lot of little fixes here and there. After my dad and I fixed everything he gave me the Jeep so I got pretty lucky. Also lucky to live in a such a great place to go wheeling whenever I want!

28D38347-4087-476A-80FE-E2DE5FD8F479_1_105_c.jpg

jdofmemi

Welcome from SoCal.

I have family in GJ, and visit a few time a year. Grew up in NW Colorado as well.

Welcome from SoCal.

I have family in GJ, and visit a few time a year. Grew up in NW Colorado as well.

If you visit and want to go wheeling let me know. Unfortunately, I might get transferred out of here in the fall so I'm very sad about that. Tomorrow I plan on a day trip to do the Top of the World trail over in Moab

Welcome! That’s a great looking Jeep. Sounds like you put a lot of work where it counts!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

denvermatt

Fairly new to off roading and having a blast. My dad got me into this when he flew out and we rented a Jeep for a few days in Moab a couple years ago. We were hooked after that. He later picked up this 2007 Rubicon dirt cheap. We found out why. Pretty much everything that could be wrong with it was. We've replaced or upgraded so many parts now that is is almost like new. It still has some gremlins that I'm chasing like door locks that never want to work, but mechanically it's very good now with all new gearing, bearings, u-joints, ball joints, brakes, shocks, steering gear box, steering components from Steer Smarts, Core control arms and lot of little fixes here and there. After my dad and I fixed everything he gave me the Jeep so I got pretty lucky. Also lucky to live in a such a great place to go wheeling whenever I want!

View attachment 344233

Hello from Littleton, Colorado!
That's a great story man. My daughters are 6yr &10yr old and they help me work on the my Jeep all the time. When the 10yr turns 16yr I'm going to give her my JKU and then I'l get a new to me JL. It's like it's almost in the genes, my wife doesn't understand why my girls like to help or why we like to work on my Jeep. <just my opinion>>I get what you said, Jeep's seem to have a lot of gremlins but if the tech was more advanced and the Jeeps were made bullit proof out of the factory they wouldn't be very fun and also extremely expensive. There also wouldn't be tons of aftermarket parts to be put on. On the other hand it really is crazy how once you put larger wheels on a jeep (how they should look) everything starts to go to sh*t). Before my 1st Jeep 15yrs ago I never knew what 'death wabble' was or different ring and pinions were. Thankfully these days you have the internet and youtube to help you out with everything. Damn I sound old but "back in the day" you had to buy the extremely expensive (for a paper back book) Chilton's repair manual and also call dealer mechanics, describe your problem and pray that they might know what is wrong lol. Grand Junction is great, you are so close to Moab and Fruita Colorado. I haven't been to Grand Junction to 4x4 in about 20 yrs. I always see the dirt bike trails on the north side of i70 when I go to Moab. Is there Jeep trails up there as well?

Top Bottom