Body bolt won’t thread back in.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Alright guys, as some of you have seen, I’m having a helluva time getting these evo bombers installed. Not issues with the product, but more so my lack of experience. Anyway, I loosened the rear most body bolt a little too much, so it dropped out. When I stick it back up there, there’s nothing to thread back into. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m stumped. There’s nothing to reach up with a wrench to hold anything on the backside. Faaaaak myyyy liiiiife.

Edit: looks like the nut shifted over. How do I get access up there to move the nut back over where it should be? It’s all sealed up.

IMG_0269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Can you use a screwdriver or some sort of pry tool to move it over?

My mechanic neighbor is over here wrenching on it. Think he’s dropping that canister lookin thing. So see if we can get a little more room in there to move it. He said if that nut is tack welded, pretty much gonna have to pull the body to get another one in there. Hope that’s not the case.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Neighbor saved my ass. Fortunately it’s a flag nut. He put it back in place and got it threaded again. He also helped install the rest of the nutserts, tapped them all and put the sliders on. No spinners on that side. Whew!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Neighbor saved my ass. Fortunately it’s a flag nut. He put it back in place and got it threaded again. He also helped install the rest of the nutserts, tapped them all and put the sliders on. No spinners on that side. Whew!

Nice dude!

Napalm

Great success! Glad you were able to get it!!

JL/JT body mount bolts SUCK

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Glad you got it all back together. Those are tough days when things don’t go exactly right

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

Sounds like a great neighbor

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Good neighbors are awesome. One of the cool things I like about living in the sticks - if I can't do something one of my two distant neighbors can usually help with an issue. :thumb:

Top Bottom