Grease for johnny joints

deadguy

Hey guys, been a while since I posted on here but I figured that this was the spot for some evo info. Just installed a EVO high clearance long arm on my 2dr jk and i was wondering what grease i should use for all the johnny joints on the all of the arms. Tia

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I use an all purpose molly grease.

Install looks good! Did you have any trouble with the mounts interfering with the evo sliders? I was told a long time ago that the rear control arm mount goes where the rear slider foot goes

deadguy

Big time. Gonna make a bracket that keys off the metal of the body mount that the control arms are bolted to
I use an all purpose molly grease.

Install looks good! Did you have any trouble with the mounts interfering with the evo sliders? I was told a long time ago that the rear control arm mount goes where the rear slider foot goes

deadguy

Right in the way! I dont want to stress the control arm mount with the slider so that's why I'm going further down towards the end of the slider. If I try to mount a leg on the clean frame it's about 6" away from the middle one and then you have about a foot or so "unsupported".
Jesus that’s right in the way! Might be a way to put a new foot right in front of the mount

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Right in the way! I dont want to stress the control arm mount with the slider so that's why I'm going further down towards the end of the slider. If I try to mount a leg on the clean frame it's about 6" away from the middle one and then you have about a foot or so "unsupported".

Well when you do figure out a new spot post up some pics so I can see! I have been putting off long arms for years because of the slider issue.

deadguy

Well when you do figure out a new spot post up some pics so I can see! I have been putting off long arms for years because of the slider issue.
Here what I came up with. I could have added some gussets to it but I jacked the jeep up and the end of the rail next to the rear tire and it didn't bent at all. I think I'm gonna run with it for now. That being said I'm finally done lol 23396.jpg

Here what I came up with. I could have added some gussets to it but I jacked the jeep up and the end of the rail next to the rear tire and it didn't bent at all. I think I'm gonna run with it for now. That being said I'm finally done lol View attachment 345161

That’s a well designed little tab connecting the slider to the body mount! Did you burn it in? Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

deadguy

That’s a well designed little tab connecting the slider to the body mount! Did you burn it in? Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Made some cardboard templates and cut up some steel i had on my makeshift bandsaw jig lol. As far as pics, I didn't take any after weld in and paint but its not much different than what I posted 23390.jpeg

Top Bottom