New Gladiator owner, looking for rock sliders.

red/green hawk

Traded my Renegade in for a Gladiator last week. It's a stock Sport S with the max towing package. Got a great deal in Phoenix. Sad to see my Renegade go. Had a great time doing mods on it and I took it places I thought it would never go...but alas I couldn't pass up the deal. The first I want to do is put some sliders on it. I really like Rocky Road Outfitters but they haven't produced any yet for a Gladiator. I'm looking at N-fab RKR rails but not sure how well they will hold up on a trail and a little bit of abuse/usage. They call them nerf bars and the look like they protect the rocker panels but not sure how well. Am I better off just buying some stock Rubicon rock rails or is there a better alternative out there?
renegade.jpg
gladiator.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Congrats on the JT, that was a pretty tricked out renegade!

Check out EVO bomber sliders and skins. A couple guys on the forum put them on abc they look great and hold up well to abuse.

One of our members Jeeps:

IMG_2925.JPG

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the JT! Did you really miss seeing your Reni go beings you upgraded to a JT??? [emoji848]lol

jab1719

Nice JT, I agree with the evo bombers. In fact I’m planning on putting them on my JK cause they look so damn good on those trucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats on the JT. I threw some basic cheap truck steps (not rock sliders) on mine in the meantime because there aren't too many manufacturers making sliders yet especially a Frame Mounted style. I didn't like the N-Fab ones because of the steps that hang down. If I had to choose one right now, I would go with the EVO ones that were posted above. I'm just not sure what I want yet. I'm really hoping LoD comes out with something soon. Rock Slide Engineering has some out but I'm not thrilled with the price or the power step that pops out. Also Rock Hard 4x4 makes a nice slider too.

DSC06871.jpg

Last edited:

red/green hawk

Congrats on the JT! Did you really miss seeing your Reni go beings you upgraded to a JT??? [emoji848]lol
Well I don't now...but the Renny was my first Jeep so I was a bit sentimental. I wouldn't say it's on par with a tricked out JK/JL or JT but I definitely turned some heads and made some believers out of some people of it's capability.

red/green hawk

Congrats on the JT. I threw some basic cheap truck steps (not rock sliders) on mine in the meantime because there aren't too many manufacturers making sliders yet especially a Frame Mounted style. I didn't like the N-Fab ones because of the steps that hang down. If I had to choose one right now, I would go with the EVO ones that were posted above. I'm just not sure what I want yet.

N-fab has some with detachable steps now, but not fastened to the frame just the under body. The Rocky Road sliders really saved my Renegade's body a few times so I want some like that. Not sure the N-fab will offer that kind of protection without doing damage to the rocker panels??? The EVO ones are just too much $ for me right now. I really hope Rocky Road comes out with something soon. I asked them and they said they were looking for a JT to start doing some concepts on so it might be awhile.

red/green hawk

Just won a bid on ebay for the n-fab rkr rail w/ detachable steps. Couldn't pass up the deal. Got them very, very cheap.

red/green hawk

Won these on an Ebay auction. Scuffed and scratched up to all hell but nothing a little touch up spray paint can't fix. Besides I didn't get them to keep the paint job pristine. Super easy install, everything bolted up perfect. Pretty sturdy, each rail weighs about 50 lbs. It should protect the bottom pretty good.
without.jpg
with steps.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
Won these on an Ebay auction. Scuffed and scratched up to all hell but nothing a little touch up spray paint can't fix. Besides I didn't get them to keep the paint job pristine. Super easy install, everything bolted up perfect. Pretty sturdy, each rail weighs about 50 lbs. It should protect the bottom pretty good.
View attachment 344958
View attachment 344959
They look good without the steps. Not a fan of low hanging metal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Not cheap, but I have the Rock Slide Engineering sliders with the retractable steps. My 2 (almost 3), 4, and 7 y/o kids can climb in unassisted on 3” of lift and 37s. I also like how they overhang under and protect the fender flares. I’ve had them for a few months now and they’ve been problem free.

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4318.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TheGrendel

Shrockworks has some for the JTs and JLs. In the past, the big issue with Shrockworks was the super long lead times. They are claiming on the site to have them ready to ship within 2 weeks.

WJCO

Meme King
Shrockworks has some for the JTs and JLs. In the past, the big issue with Shrockworks was the super long lead times. They are claiming on the site to have them ready to ship within 2 weeks.

I've been eyeing those ones as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Schrockworks make nice rocker guards. I’ve run them in the past but the lead time on them is a tough pill to swallow. Call me skeptical but I have a hard time believing the 2 week thing.

TheGrendel

Schrockworks make nice rocker guards. I’ve run them in the past but the lead time on them is a tough pill to swallow. Call me skeptical but I have a hard time believing the 2 week thing.

for sure. i may be making this up. but, i believe i saw something awhile back that they got help in building more products. hopefully that is the case. i've liked the quality i've seen from Shrockworks. but, the often months long wait times were absurd.

Exodus 4x4

We had a guy in recently that bought their tire carrier for his JK and said they offered to expedite his order for a fee, which he paid. Took them 2 weeks.

DVC

I researched quite a bit, looking for something that checked all of the following boxes:

1. Stout enough to take a beating, and intended by the mfr for use as a Hi-Lift jack point

2. Some sort of a low profile step, which is also sturdy enough to keep the body off a rock or tree if the Jeep slides sideways while crawling over an obstacle

3. Good fit and finish, with no gaps in coverage at the front/rear of the rocker panel; and good-looking overall

4. Reasonable weight - not 110lbs each like the ones I had on my Ram

In the end, I ordered a set of Rock Hard Patriot sliders....looking forward to receiving them and bolting them up on my JTR.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Robar

The Enforcer
Not cheap, but I have the Rock Slide Engineering sliders with the retractable steps. My 2 (almost 3), 4, and 7 y/o kids can climb in unassisted on 3” of lift and 37s. I also like how they overhang under and protect the fender flares. I’ve had them for a few months now and they’ve been problem free.

View attachment 344965

View attachment 344966

It's been at least 6 months now. Are they still problem free?

Sent from my SM-N970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom