Arb on board air under hood mounting point traditional way

kampoyj

Hi guys i have researched a lot but cant find what i am after

Other than the usual mounting brackets that are on the market does anyone know where i can actually mount the arb air compressor (small one) under my hood of my 2008 JK- i live in Dubai and the mounting brackets are great but i cannot find them anywhere locally here and to ship from the US will cost me double the price of what i d pay in the US

Anyone have any good idea or what they did prior to the mounting brackets being available by evo synergy etc in the early days for JKs?
I have tried searching other posts but i dont get much back - any help really appreciated for ideas and materials to look at

2008 JK 2 DOOR AUTO 3.8L

A.J.

You can mount one pretty much anywhere you have room to put it. Under hood, inside, under the seat wherever. Compressor should come with bolts and a small mounting plate. Lay out the wiring. Pick a spot that you like and bolt it in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

I recently had ARB rebuild my compressor for the second time. They asked me if it was mounted under the hood? I said yes, why? They said this is the reason why they don't make an under hood mount. Too much heat.

kampoyj

Interesting thanks for the info guys- and if i use the standard mounting plate and bolts that come with the compressor does anyone have any pics of where i could install say under hood perhaps up front where it s not as hot or i have also seen it installed in the trunk caddy- i doublt the cable loom will be that long from the caddy to the battery though- does anyone have or know of what to do in that case - can i just extend the loom or will it lose power due ot distance from trunk caddy to engine bay?

kampoyj

I recently had ARB rebuild my compressor for the second time. They asked me if it was mounted under the hood? I said yes, why? They said this is the reason why they don't make an under hood mount. Too much heat.

Thank you very much- how long did it last you under the hood before having it had rebuilt? did you have it in the rear or upfront under hood? i live in dubai so whatever heat the 3.8l gives out in the summer it is x3 more so i am quite worried i may burn it in no time if i dont mount correclty

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Thank you very much- how long did it last you under the hood before having it had rebuilt? did you have it in the rear or upfront under hood? i live in dubai so whatever heat the 3.8l gives out in the summer it is x3 more so i am quite worried i may burn it in no time if i dont mount correclty

I live in Arizona and previously in a hot part of California and I have had mine under the hood for 9 years. Runs good.

jdofmemi

It helps to raise the hood when using it.

They need plenty of airflow to keep from overheating, and with the hood shut they won't get it

fiend

Caught the Bug
Interesting thanks for the info guys- and if i use the standard mounting plate and bolts that come with the compressor does anyone have any pics of where i could install say under hood perhaps up front where it s not as hot or i have also seen it installed in the trunk caddy- i doublt the cable loom will be that long from the caddy to the battery though- does anyone have or know of what to do in that case - can i just extend the loom or will it lose power due ot distance from trunk caddy to engine bay?

I mounted my twin under the passenger seat. As I recall I had to lengthen the wires that came with the compressor because they were too short. Use the same gauge or larger wire and you should be fine.

rubiDave

I also mounted a twin under the passenger seat. Wires were just long enough to not have to extend them. I used a mounting kit from Innovative JK Products that included a bracket, fittings and 4 tire air up/down hoses and valves. Installation was a bit of a pain in the ass, but instructions were very good and I'm happy with the end results.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I know you don't want to have to pat shipping but the evo bracket is awesome. Very clean install. If you're airing up you're tires or anything that will make the pump run full bore for an extended time you'll want to put the hood up. But you aren't moving anyways so no biggie. If you're running lockers off it it shouldn't cycle enough to damage it.

Top Bottom