2020 2.0T Coolant leak

robx251

Caught the Bug
Well when i got to work today, I got out of my Jeep and noticed that I smelled coolant. I looked under the jeep and found it leaking coolant out on the drivers side of the motor, I had to go into work so I was unable to take a close look at what is going on but many others had this issue yet? I tried calling the dealer but only one open (until 6pm) and I was calling at 5:52 so no techs available, had to speak to general operater. Shops open at 730 tomorrow am and I am out at 615... oye

Rob

KC1IMA

wjtstudios

Hooked
A quick starting point would be to check the thermostat housing right at the block. They are plastic and tend to fail over time. Follow the large hose from the top driver side of the radiator down to the block. Where it ties in is the thermostat housing. If that’s its, it’s a cheap and easy fix.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

robx251

Caught the Bug
A quick starting point would be to check the thermostat housing right at the block. They are plastic and tend to fail over time. Follow the large hose from the top driver side of the radiator down to the block. Where it ties in is the thermostat housing. If that’s its, it’s a cheap and easy fix.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Well Ideally I wont be paying for anything, as it is a 2020 with 16k on in, just wondering if anyone has had this issue and how long i should expect to wait

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well Ideally I wont be paying for anything, as it is a 2020 with 16k on in, just wondering if anyone has had this issue and how long i should expect to wait

Nevermind, wasn’t thinking about the 2T. Yup, dealers taking care of that one.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
Update

It was the water pump. There is a tsb that the bolts were improperly tightened on the bypass part of the pump. Some of mine were only finger tight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
How do you like that engine so far?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Honestly I like it a lot. It cruises well. Lot of torque at cruising speed, towed my snowmobile trailer well, and there isn't as much turbo lag as I was concerned about. I haven't wheeled it as much as I'd like to, but with that 8 speed auto the little I have done it has done very well. 20200331_105147.jpg 20200331_104850.jpg 20200331_105324.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom