2020 JL Transmissions

whitee27

If this has already been asked please point me to the thread. What's the difference between the 8-Speed Automatic 850RE transmission and the 8-Speed Automatic transmission? I'm in the market for a new jeep rubicon and found a good deal on a new 2019 but it only has the 8-Speed Automatic transmission.

Thanks in advance

Bierpower

Hooked
If this has already been asked please point me to the thread. What's the difference between the 8-Speed Automatic 850RE transmission and the 8-Speed Automatic transmission? I'm in the market for a new jeep rubicon and found a good deal on a new 2019 but it only has the 8-Speed Automatic transmission.

Thanks in advance
I do believe they are the same.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Thanks in advance

I believe one is only for diesel and the other one is gas

This is my understanding as well. If you play around on the builder site, and switch engines or transmissions, it will force you to make certain changes. I can only seem to get the '8- Speed Automatic Transmission' with the diesel engine.

Untitled.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
Thanks, something has to be different because there is a $750 price difference in the two.
So on the builder tool on the jeep website. If you select the 850RE ($2750 option) it changes the engine to the 3.6 gas. If you select the 8 speed ($2000) option it is only available with the diesel. By that logic the 2019 would have to be the 850RE and the 8 speed transmission would be developed for the diesel. Most likely it has wider gears to take advantage of the diesel torque.

Edit: or ^^what he said^^
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom