Tried to go Wheeling Yesterday...

NAUJK

So I posted up on the Campus 4x4 page to see if anyone wanted to go wheel Smiley Rock trail just outside of Jerome AZ. So we met up and the group consisted of my 09 JK an 00 TJ and a 12 F-150. I warned all the trucks that this trail has been cruel to trucks before. This trail has it out for F-150s. This is the second time this has happened to oan F150 in the last couple runs down this trail. I recommended not to take it but he was persistent.

I dont know about the rest of the Group but I had a great time! I was prepared, checked the bolts on my suspension tightened the loose ones and was prepared to hit up the trail. Well this is how our day went!

This is the F-150 climbing up the FIRST obstacle of the trail.
DSC01388.jpg

He Chose a wrong line up it.
DSC01391.jpg
DSC01405.jpg
DSC01411.jpg

Even after the F-150 Sheared his drive shaft and we were able to get him up and out of the way, I was able to convince the TJ to take a better line up and do it.
DSC01420.jpg
DSC01416.jpg
DSC01399.jpg

Then this happened to me, not even on the trail. Like I said I checked the bolts to make sure everything was tight. The top bolts holding this shock on were good, no rattle no movement nothing they were solid. But apparently one bolt broke due to stresses or as my father says being riddin hard and put away wet. and the shock slowly slid down till it dragged and no one saw it. Those of us in my rig felt it being a bit bouncy in the rear so we stopped and found this.

Guess I have a reason to replace the stock rear shocks with somethin better now! :cheesy:
DSC01395.jpg

To say the least we didn't finish the trail, packed up pulled everyone out and limped the truck home. But hey I had a blast, this is what wheeling is about, youre always taking a risk and you always have to look on the bright side of things!

:beer:

NAUJK

ouch haha, painful day bro. this is why i didnt get a truck!

Neither did I haha. That's why I drive a Jeep and warned all the trucks about what has happened on this trail. This wasn't the first time this has happened.

338048_10150518015517794_388544649_o.jpg

That is the picture from the FIRST time this happened to an F-150

cool pics. it looked like the f150 drive shaft was full of foam?

I was thinking the same thing haha

Yes the drive shaft was made of paper-thin Aluminum filled with foam. :doh: It didn't stand a chance.

NAUJK

Mike I'm starting to think you have bad luck.... First you wheel flies off, now this?

Hahah Frank I dunno it wasn't my rig that broke on the trail. Yes my shock did break but I got new Bilsteins 5100s on their way from NorthRidge so Ill be good :crazyeyes: The ford on the other hand is waiting on a custom made shaft to be made and mailed out.

Top Bottom