Modify a Jeep Gladiator

Overland_project

If I put a 6.5 inch lift kit and 40 inch tires as well as Dana 60 axles (or higher) on my Gladiator (towing a 3 ton trailer), what other modifications do I have to do to run it? Engine and gearbox, transmission works stock with these modifications?

Sent from my SM-N960F using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I wouldn’t worry about your engine until you see how it drives, the gearing in your axles will really help out. Other things to consider is your steering setup and long arms.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

highoctane

Caught the Bug
If I put a 6.5 inch lift kit and 40 inch tires as well as Dana 60 axles (or higher) on my Gladiator (towing a 3 ton trailer), what other modifications do I have to do to run it? Engine and gearbox, transmission works stock with these modifications?

Besides new front and rear driveshafts, you won’t need anything else to beef up the drivetrain or engine. Just buy a Z-Automotive Tazer JL to set your gear ratio and tire size. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A.J.

Ok so you have like 4 different posts and a couple videos about this Gladiator build. From the looks of your questions it’s going to be quite a build if you really do it. So my question to you now is are you for real or trolling? Love to help you with your decisions but not interested in spending a bunch of time on hopes and dreams that are never going to happen. I’m just spit balling here but if you build what you are saying you’re looking at spending some serious $.

6.5 lift $2500 +
D60’s $15-20k
40’s wheels and tires $4000
On bored air and lighting etc. $2000
Supercharger $5000 or v8 swap $30k+
Didn’t look up the trailer you posted video on guessing $30k or more.
So what’s your budget and who’s going to build it for you?
$200-250k?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ok so you have like 4 different posts and a couple videos about this Gladiator build. From the looks of your questions it’s going to be quite a build if you really do it. So my question to you now is are you for real or trolling? Love to help you with your decisions but not interested in spending a bunch of time on hopes and dreams that are never going to happen. I’m just spit balling here but if you build what you are saying you’re looking at spending some serious $.

6.5 lift $2500 +
D60’s $15-20k
$200-250k?

AJ, you could be his GC for this project. Let’s see, 20% of $250k is .... [emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_project

Ok, yeah it's real. I know that I will be spending a lot, but I saved up, worked hard and got some sponsors on my back.
My budget is about 300'000, but I could go up higher (also tought about a 8x8 expedition vehicle, which are usualy about 1 million).
The trailer is 140'000 USD.

6.5 lift $2500 +
D60’s $15-20k
$200-250k?

sunnysideup

You should... if you are spending that sort of money... call-contact EVO a sponsor on this forum. He will get you to 40 inch tires and running correctly. You need someone who has built a few of these that big to be sure it gets finished correctly. http://evomfg.com (I see they call that a "stage 4" lift). Call them... they can get you on the right track for this type of build!

Top Bottom