Cant buy a 2020 manual right now (recall)

Jk Jeep Geek

So my holy grail of jeeps is a white rubicon with a manual trans. 2 door or 4, don’t really matter. I am fortunate enough to be gainfully employed during these crazy times so I thought I’d see if I could find a good deal on my dream Jeep. Stopped in a nearby dealership that had an unlimited, white, manual rubi. Salesman said we could work out numbers but I wouldn’t be able to take delivery for possibly weeks because there is a manual trans recall. Something to do with the clutch cylinder I believe. The fix is supposedly out but they have to wait to get it then fix it before I could take it home. I hadn’t seen or heard of the recall at all. Not sure if it applies just to just 2020 jl’s, or all years of them, or even the gladiators. I just know I wasn’t able to make a deal (they tried to bend me over on my trade. A 2007 jk with only 94k miles and a bunch of work they said they would give me 5k for) so I tried calling another dealership and they said the same about the recall. Must be a brand new thing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

littlebeas

5k for your Jeep is obscene. They’d have that thing on their lot asking 12 for it...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Sounds a lot like people driving a manual transmission who have no business doing so.

If you can't drive without slipping the clutch enough to overheat the pressure plate to the point of failure, you should have bought an automatic.

Jk Jeep Geek

5k for your Jeep is obscene. They’d have that thing on their lot asking 12 for it...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Dude I was completely offended. It’s really well maintained and between me and the last owner has $8000 into it. It would easily sell for $15,000 with the low mileage for that year. I was the only person even at the dealership. Thought they would be trying to give me a deal

Jk Jeep Geek

Sounds a lot like people driving a manual transmission who have no business doing so.

If you can't drive without slipping the clutch enough to overheat the pressure plate to the point of failure, you should have bought an automatic.

I have to put this one on the manufacturer. IMO most people still buying manual transmission jeeps are long time manual owners. Can’t imagine there are that many inexperienced manual owners overheating pressure plates enough to force a recall

Top Bottom