JL bumper question

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
My Dad called me this evening with a couple questions, and being that I don’t own a JL they stumped me.

On the Rubicon plastic front bumpers: do they still have the front and top pieces that pop out so you can put a winch in it?

As for the rear, does anyone make a bumper tire carrier combo that has provisions for the backup sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
My Dad called me this evening with a couple questions, and being that I don’t own a JL they stumped me.

On the Rubicon plastic front bumpers: do they still have the front and top pieces that pop out so you can put a winch in it?

As for the rear, does anyone make a bumper tire carrier combo that has provisions for the backup sensors?

The plastic front doesn't have knockouts like the steel version, but all you'd have to do is cut it out & grab a winch plate. Can't answer the rear sensor question. There doesn't seem to be a ton of options I've seen that have an integrated tire carrier, but then again I haven't looked that hard either.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The plastic front doesn't have knockouts like the steel version, but all you'd have to do is cut it out & grab a winch plate. Can't answer the rear sensor question. There doesn't seem to be a ton of options I've seen that have an integrated tire carrier, but then again I haven't looked that hard either.

The only ones I’ve seen that accommodate the sensors are the Ace, but he wants a tire carrier integrated. He’s not a fan of having to change any hinge mounts on the body

Andy5160

Hooked
DV8 makes rear bumper with carrier and it will accommodate the sensors however I don’t know much about the brand and the price point is around $1300. There are other options if you get the bumper and tailgate tire carrier separately.

Check out LOD can’t go wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
DV8 makes rear bumper with carrier and it will accommodate the sensors however I don’t know much about the brand and the price point is around $1300. There are other options if you get the bumper and tailgate tire carrier separately.

Check out LOD can’t go wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I actually just sent him the LOD stuff a few minutes ago lol I’ve seen the DV8 but I’ve heard too many bad things about them

jeeeep

Hooked
there's a thread on here where a the member cut the plastic bumper for a winch, I plan to do the same thing.

Mopar and Warn winch plates seem to be of similar design to allow cutting the bumper.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
there's a thread on here where a the member cut the plastic bumper for a winch, I plan to do the same thing.

Mopar and Warn winch plates seem to be of similar design to allow cutting the bumper.

Ill have to search for it, thank you!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
About the rear bumper/tire carrier, I recommend LOD Destroyer. It has holes for the sensors.

Thanks! I think he’s going to end up DV8.. He doesn’t wheel hard, more of an explorer. And he doesn’t like the LOD front and it a stickler about front and rear matching.

Top Bottom