2018 Jeep JL 4 door 2" Mopar lift

kysersoze

I just bought my Jeep at the dealership last month and have finally been able to crawl underneath and take a look around on what 's been already installed. This Jeep has a dealer installed 2" Mopar lift. The parts number tags of the springs are still attached and I checked them against the MOPAR installation sheet and found a dependency. Jeep lists each springs as a separate parts number. The two rear springs were installed according to installation instructions but the two fronts are on opposite sides.
My question is will this make a difference tin the handling and tire wear for my Jeep?

bmkrinne

Is your Jeep sitting level? Location specific coils are intended to maintain the Jeep in a level stance.

If it’s sitting level and riding good, I’m not sure there will be a problem but since it’s under warranty, I would take it back to the dealer and have them make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JeepTech

I would take it back and have them installed on the correct locations. I remember with the JL prior to launch I was talking with my area tech advisor about them. He had told me Mopar and Jeep performance divisions spent tons of money on R&D on the kits. That it was important to make sure each spring is in the correct locations. I don’t remember exactly why as the ole saying goes I’ve slept since then lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kysersoze

I bought the Jeep used and the lift was already installed. I don't know if I have the recourse to take it back for the fix. I was thinking different parts numbers different spring rates?

JeepTech

I bought the Jeep used and the lift was already installed. I don't know if I have the recourse to take it back for the fix. I was thinking different parts numbers different spring rates?

I don’t think it was the spring rate because they would be the same side to side. I think it has to do with the JL springs having a curve to them and how they sit in the frame / axle. I do mostly transmissions and diesels now. I’m trying to get them to allow me to start building some stock units.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom