Time for a truss and gear swap

bkac

Caught the Bug
I decided to sell my Slabs and get some Grenade wheels. With that being said they are still a week out 2 out from back order. So I got bored and decided to do a gear swap and EVO truss. I wasn’t planning to do this and had the tires off so I couldn’t get to the lift. I decided to pull the axle allowing me in my old age to set the axle on a work bench to do the gears and weld the truss. My plan is not to beat On my truck to hard this year and see how long I can make my stock axles last. Let’s just say this is subject to change though... it’s always good to have a plan though, right?

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bkac

Caught the Bug
Forklift makes a nice place to work on an axle. I may do the same thing.

Makes it so nice! I’m less then 2 hrs in right now. Well worth the savings and honestly I hate others working on my Jeep.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Burned in the EVO JL/JT truss tonight. With just a little grinding it fit really tight. I’m Pleased with the way it turned out, I decided not to weld to the cast at this time as it’s optional and takes a bit of time to do. I honestly didn’t see the need for It. I’m not planning on having these axles too long anyways.

I got the gears set last night, now it’s time to put it back under the truck!

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom