Warn Acquires Factor 55

wjtstudios

Hooked
News to me too. Hopefully they don’t mess with the finished Factor uses on their products. It holds up levels better than Warn’s. That was my only complaint with them

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

fiend

Caught the Bug
News to me too. Hopefully they don’t mess with the finished Factor uses on their products. It holds up levels better than Warn’s. That was my only complaint with them

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

My factor 55 stuff (flat splice and fairlead) has been good so far. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I wish Factor55 made the Warn Sidewinder. The sidewinder is a great idea but the fit and finish is nothing like Factor55.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol. I was recently watching a YouTube video of some Jeep parts “influencer” talking about the Sidewinder, which he presumably got for free to feature in his video. After about the third “well, it doesn’t fit here” or “it’s supposed to eliminate the need for a D ring, but you’ll need one for this,” I couldn’t figure out the value of the product.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Yeah, mine has survived two Michigan winters with not fading or finish failure. Warns Fairlead that came with the winch didn’t last 6 months.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

My fairlead didn’t hold up well around the bolt holes, corrosion set in like it was oozing out of the bolts....dissimilar metal issue?

wjtstudios

Hooked
My fairlead didn’t hold up well around the bolt holes, corrosion set in like it was oozing out of the bolts....dissimilar metal issue?

That’s was always my thought. But the same bolts are on the Factor Fairlead and no corrosion. All that I can figure is a better finish on the factors.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Spazbyt

Hooked
Lol. I was recently watching a YouTube video of some Jeep parts “influencer” talking about the Sidewinder, which he presumably got for free to feature in his video. After about the third “well, it doesn’t fit here” or “it’s supposed to eliminate the need for a D ring, but you’ll need one for this,” I couldn’t figure out the value of the product.

I agree, eliminating the need for a shackle in "some" cases is nice but otherwise it is basically a giant flat link.

Ddays

Hooked
I had the Factor 55 thimble thing for awhile but was always smacking it on something. I went back to a hook on both of my Jeeps.
These links look cool but you still need a ring of soft shackle to hook up to them to anything. I think sometimes we get caught up
in looking for eye candy that in reality isn't as practical as a simpler product. :rolleyes2:

jesse3638

Hooked
I had the Factor 55 thimble thing for awhile but was always smacking it on something. I went back to a hook on both of my Jeeps.
These links look cool but you still need a ring of soft shackle to hook up to them to anything. I think sometimes we get caught up
in looking for eye candy that in reality isn't as practical as a simpler product. :rolleyes2:
If it ain't broke don't fix it! Reinventing the wheel. K.I.S.S-Keep It Simple Stupid. All come to mind with regards to that..haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked

I ran the flat link pro for a lot of those reasons. Ironically, I had bent the hell out the closing latch on the warm hook when the Jeep was crossing a ditch and dragging it coming up the other side. That’s when I ordered the factor.

There’s really no wrong answer. All work. All have problems.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

fiend

Caught the Bug
I went with a Flat Splice when I swapped from cable to rope. It actually was easier that way because the rope I purchased did not have finished ends. By splicing, I didn’t need to finish the end. I also like how it sits flat against the bumper and every inch of the rope is out of the sun and protected from the elements. You can also put the curved end of a shackle through it, unlike some of their other products. Also, Factor 55 gives first responder discounts, so that was also nice. IMG_3770.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
I went with a Flat Splice when I swapped from cable to rope. It actually was easier that way because the rope I purchased did not have finished ends. By splicing, I didn’t need to finish the end. I also like how it sits flat against the bumper and every inch of the rope is out of the sun and protected from the elements. You can also put the curved end of a shackle through it, unlike some of their other products. Also, Factor 55 gives first responder discounts, so that was also nice. View attachment 346308

I do like those better than that thimble I used to run

Top Bottom