EVO JL/JT front Dana 44 (210) truss installed

bkac

Caught the Bug
Here are some photos of the EVO truss installed it anyone was wanting to see some pictures.

IMG_1143.jpg
IMG_1147.jpg
IMG_1149.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bonedoc

Very nice, I like it. Do you have to remove the FAD to weld it? Quick question, did you leave your heat shields off the your upper control arm mounts? I wanted to but didn't know if you could.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Very nice, I like it. Do you have to remove the FAD to weld it? Quick question, did you leave your heat shields off the your upper control arm mounts? I wanted to but didn't know if you could.

I removed the FAD but it’s not required, just seemed easier. I also decided not to weld to the cast as it was optional. I think it will be plenty strong for what I will do with it. I also removed my heat shields from my upper front arms. Because I’m running the EVO drop brackets and it puts the joints lower. When I wasn’t running the brackets I just removed the lower bolts and ran them with just the upper bolt. Hope that makes sense.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Nice work. It’s on my list along with the c gussets.

It’s pretty simple to install and I think will be some benefit for cheap. And it makes the axle look a bit bigger. Let’s call it a Dana 48 now lol [emoji23]

bonedoc

I removed the FAD but it’s not required, just seemed easier. I also decided not to weld to the cast as it was optional. I think it will be plenty strong for what I will do with it. I also removed my heat shields from my upper front arms. Because I’m running the EVO drop brackets and it puts the joints lower. When I wasn’t running the brackets I just removed the lower bolts and ran them with just the upper bolt. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for info. I'm thinking this will be on my list when it comes time to replace my balljoints. Do truss and C gussets while balljoints are out

bkac

Caught the Bug
Thanks for info. I'm thinking this will be on my list when it comes time to replace my balljoints. Do truss and C gussets while balljoints are out

Yeah C’s might be next for me!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Nice work. It’s on my list along with the c gussets.

I might be doing C’s soon myself. Thanks

Looks good
That’s because it’s 5’ away [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool, nice work
I searched for some photos and didn’t have much luck so I thought I’d share. It’s designed really nice. Thanks! [emoji1360]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom