Need help fast. Manual rev hang question

Jk Jeep Geek

So I’m at a dealership now looking at a 2020 manual rubicon. I test drove it and I noticed a sound when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Sometimes from 3rd to 4th. I’m told it’s rev hang. Anyone know about this. I’m told it goes away. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Totally normal. Doesnt really go away.

edit: well, mine only does it when I shift above 4500 or so, which is pretty rare.

boardsurfer

Why would you want to get rid of it? It's there for a reason. There is a long way to move the stick between gears, it's there to help.

Jk Jeep Geek

Why would you want to get rid of it? It's there for a reason. There is a long way to move the stick between gears, it's there to help.

To be honest I’m not even sure what it’s reason or purpose is. Been driving manuals my whole life and this rev hang is new to me. I guess my whole dislike about it is it sounds like I’m doing something wrong to the Jeep every time it happens. Like it’s a buzzer going off rrrrrnnnnttttt!! ..... wrong

Are they already selling the manuals again? Did they replace the clutch after the recall?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bigcale

Caught the Bug
To be honest I’m not even sure what it’s reason or purpose is. Been driving manuals my whole life and this rev hang is new to me. I guess my whole dislike about it is it sounds like I’m doing something wrong to the Jeep every time it happens. Like it’s a buzzer going off rrrrrnnnnttttt!! ..... wrong

It is an emissions thing. I have driven a few manuals from a few different manufacturers built in the last 20 years that did something similar.

Top Bottom