Top mounted draglink on JL/JT thoughts

bkac

Caught the Bug
Coming from the JK world this was a no brainier. Now running 5” of lift with 4” of bumpstop it seems like it would be a huge benefit and allow room for a PSC ram. The issue I’m nervous about is first off I’m not a fan of Steersmarts because I actually tried their product and it wasn’t for me so that leaves me with Synergy which I love. With that said I’m quite nervous about drilling a 7/8” hole in the aluminum knuckle to sleeve and flip the draglink. That doesn’t leave a lot of material and I’m just not 100% sold on the aluminum. I’m hoping you’ll be able to order the Mohave knuckles soon as a replacement. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this matter. I have included a photo with the stock draglink laying on top. Yes I understand and will raise my Trackbar to match for the accounted new height.

IMG_1156.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bkac

Caught the Bug
I’m thinking about making a bracket like this so I can weld it into the truss and axle tube. I’ll make it out of 1/4” so I can weld ram tabs to it that’s one reason I decided to run the truss. With the FAD it really limits welding options on the tubes like the JK had.

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
Well I decided to go through with moving my draglink to the top and it made a huge difference. The steering wheel feedback is gone. I wish I’d have done this a while back. I’m a huge Synergy fan but didn’t want to drill a 7/8” hole in my aluminum knuckle, I just feel it’s taking to much material away. Maybe once I can upgrade to a cast knuckle. So I decided to get the steersmarts top mount no drill draglink. It opened up a lot of room to mount my PSC ram and took the steep angles out of my draglink and Trackbar. I was really impressed by how much better it drove and felt when I hit a bump. Looking forward to getting the big bore box in next week. Here’s a few before and after photos. I was able to remove that ugly dual stabilizer setup after going top mount.

My setup before
IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

After I went to the top
IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Top Bottom