Rancho RS9000 leaking?

desertrunner

I have been trying to track down some sort of oil leak around my front driver's side tire. I think I'm finally convinced it's coming from my shock on that corner. I did crack that nob a little during one of times I was cycling the suspension. The body of the shock is oily and all the other breather tubes and other places I have cleaned are dry minus inside the shock tower. Anyone else have their RS9000 leak like this? I'm assuming if I lost fluid in it I'll just have to replace the shock. Could it be leaking because of cracking that adjust nob? 20200503_131640.jpg 20200503_131714.jpg 20200503_131914.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Bad shock. It happens. No, the adjuster being cracked won't cause it.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

bummer, these have maybe 3k miles on them but hey at least they arent crazy expensive to replace. at least its not an inner axle seal leak on my PR like i initially though based on the oil stains haha.

maybe ill send Matt a PM and see what he thinks and get a new one ordered. i know i measured probably 10 times before ordering the right shock length so hopefully its not something i did to blow it that fast.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I had one go bad pretty quick. I just bought a new one because I couldn’t drive around on three waiting for a warranty claim to go through.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom