EVO Rear Bolt on Coilover kit with EVO front Coilover Long Travel Help

PGH08JK

Hello fellow Jeepers, I'm in the market and buying a JKU Rubicon. And I want to do the JKU different from my 2 door. My question is does anyone have any photos of this kits on a four door, and does anyone know what all else is needed after I buy the two kits from EVO?? I would appreciate any input.. Thanks in advance!

How come you don't want to do the front bolt on kit? What size tires you going to run? How much lift you looking to get?

I would say the "extras" would be more dependable on some of those other questions...like drivelines, steering, etc.

PGH08JK

I did not see the Front bolt on kit, I apologize. I'm looking to run 40's. My 2 door is on 37's at the moment. And I want to build my 4 door up more then what my 2 door is now. I was just curious as to what all was needed in addition to buying the C/O kit.

I did not see the Front bolt on kit, I apologize.

No worries just didn't know if there was a reason or not :yep:

I don't know of anyone running 40's on the bolton kits. Usually they are running the long travel kit or double throwdowns, etc. Someone else may have some knowledge on that though.

40's will bring all new "opportunities" haha. You will have to / should add 60's, ram assist, long arm kit, drivelines, etc.

There is more and i'm sure others will jump in. I have to go but if no one answers your questions I will add a more later :thumb:

PGH08JK

No worries just didn't know if there was a reason or not :yep:

I don't know of anyone running 40's on the bolton kits. Usually they are running the long travel kit or double throwdowns, etc. Someone else may have some knowledge on that though.

40's will bring all new "opportunities" haha. You will have to / should add 60's, ram assist, long arm kit, drivelines, etc.

There is more and i'm sure others will jump in. I have to go but if no one answers your questions I will add a more later :thumb:

Thanks Crip! I appreciate it, I do know with 40's comes new opportunities!! My 2 door has Gears, Gussetts, JE Reel Shafts, Adjustable control arms front and back top and bottom. I just want a suspension worth the money, and that I know will last, I have a BDS on mine now and it sags and I feel something is always going wrong with it. So, I would rather spend the money and not have to worry. All in all, I would just like to learn from my mistakes from the 2 door, and get more in depth, better equipment for the 4 door. And I know Eddie, and all of these guys praise EVO and I know they stand for a great product.

rtguy1

Any of the suspension systems from evo can handle 40's. the bolt on coilovers are no exception. On a 4 door there are a few things that you will need to run the suspension system. At minimum you will need adjustable front lowers control arms, a new 1310 or 1350 driveshaft(it will be a narrower diameter to clear exhaust), and preferably the evo drag link flip kit to relocate the front trackbar up and correct the steering. You will most likely need spacers to clear the tires. If you will be running stock axles you will want to reinforce the c's with evo c gussets. 40's are big and very taxing on the stock axles and steering. most do major upgrades to run them properly and with confidence like bigger axles, ram assist steering, ball joints, etc. all of those upgrades are rec but not required like the parts mentioned earlier. Ymmv.

Good luck.

silverbackjk

Any of the suspension systems from evo can handle 40's. the bolt on coilovers are no exception. On a 4 door there are a few things that you will need to run the suspension system. At minimum you will need adjustable front lowers control arms, a new 1310 or 1350 driveshaft(it will be a narrower diameter to clear exhaust), and preferably the evo drag link flip kit to relocate the front trackbar up and correct the steering. You will most likely need spacers to clear the tires. If you will be running stock axles you will want to reinforce the c's with evo c gussets. 40's are big and very taxing on the stock axles and steering. most do major upgrades to run them properly and with confidence like bigger axles, ram assist steering, ball joints, etc. all of those upgrades are rec but not required like the parts mentioned earlier. Ymmv.

Good luck.

He could do the Evo long travel coilovers in the front if he was ever thinking of running a double throw down. He would then just need to add the bypass shock. In the long run would save him a lot of money.

rtguy1

To clear the evo coilovers you need wheels with 3.5 backspacing like the atx slabs

He may need more being that he wants 40's on stock width axles. Most are running 3.5" bs with axles that are 1.5" wider on each side. 60's are 68.5" vs stock 65.5".

PGH08JK

He could do the Evo long travel coilovers in the front if he was ever thinking of running a double throw down. He would then just need to add the bypass shock. In the long run would save him a lot of money.

Thanks for the info Silver!! A lot of great info here, and I appreciate it all. I just want to do things differently on the 4 door. My JK now is BDS 4'' sagged to hell and back. With spacers and it looks like a 2.5 BB. I'm planning on running Spyderlocks. I just needed to know what all was needed. I've never dabbled into Coilovers too much until now, but I do understand I will need UCA,LCA for front and rear, and also new shafts. But is that about it?

rtguy1

Thanks for the info Silver!! A lot of great info here, and I appreciate it all. I just want to do things differently on the 4 door. My JK now is BDS 4'' sagged to hell and back. With spacers and it looks like a 2.5 BB. I'm planning on running Spyderlocks. I just needed to know what all was needed. I've never dabbled into Coilovers too much until now, but I do understand I will need UCA,LCA for front and rear, and also new shafts. But is that about it?

You only "need" front lowers.....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If your going long arm I believe you need all arms. Could be wrong though. Even if you don't need them it would be best to just get them.

If your going long arm I believe you need all arms. Could be wrong though. Even if you don't need them it would be best to just get them.

this is 100% correct. but front lowers are the minimum needed. the doubleD long arm is all the arms and will improve your on road ride

andrew -

This is the minimum you will need -

Evo coil over kit front- $1750
Evo coil over kit rear- $1850
Evo front lower control arms- $419.99
Evo draglink flip kit- $299.95
J.e. reel front 1310 driveshaft- $459
Total shipped to your door= $4778.94
Last I checked this was the bare minimum reqd to run the evo system appropriately on a 4 door.

There's room in there to get the 1350 drive shaft upgrade, which is what I would do.

All quoted from northridge4x4. No tax free shipping

Hope this helps.

You can also add the DoubleD long arm kit is you so choose.

rtguy1

^^^^^this. Couldn't have said it better myself....oh wait:cheesy:

Long arms are another animal. Yes all eight arms would be required. Thinking about it, I m sure you could go long arm in front only. Or in rear only. But why....lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
^^^^^this. Couldn't have said it better myself....oh wait:cheesy:

Long arms are another animal. Yes all eight arms would be required. Thinking about it, I m sure you could go long arm in front only. Or in rear only. But why....lol

I read it wrong. I was thinking he said long arm not long travel. I need to stop drinking.:beer:

:cheesy:

Top Bottom