Post New House JK upgrades discussion thread

jorgelrod

Hooked
Well, we're at t-minus three weeks to move into the new house. Down payment money is covered and with the whole Covid-19 and we prepping for this, we were able to save a good chunk of change. I got a 10% salary cut (but at least I'm still working so won't complain to much) so I provisioned some extra cash in the savings account in case I needed to cover any unexpected expense during the period I was earning 10% less. It looks like work is picking up again so maybe the 10% pay cut will only last till October.

I plan on using some of the saved up cash that we don't use by end of year for one upgrade, here is my conundrum. I'm maybe 3 years away from going to wontons and 4ds, due to lack of foresight I regeared 4 years ago to 4.56 as I didn't see myself going beyond 35's. Three years have passed, I'm stateside and my whole world of wheeling has opened up considerably. I wheel with guys on 37's all the time, I rock crawl and now I've prepared for 37's as my next set. I live in Florida so I don't see driving 4.56 and 37's as being a horrible thing, wheeling is another story.

I am thinking of getting a Rubicon Transfer Case to make up while in four low, with Florida being as flat as Taylor swift I can have the drivability with 4.56 and 37's and better crawl ratios than what I had with the 2.72:1

Looking for anyone with that setup that can give me pointers and all the extra knowledge this group can offer.

Top Bottom