steering components

Hi

My new cooper stt pro´s 35 inch tires are in my garage and waiting to be mounted after this summer. But now i´m worried about my stock steering components.

Will stock tie rod and drag link ( is this correct name?) be strong enough for 35 inch tires?

Thanks

USMC Wrangler

Hi

My new cooper stt pro´s 35 inch tires are in my garage and waiting to be mounted after this summer. But now i´m worried about my stock steering components.

Will stock tie rod and drag link ( is this correct name?) be strong enough for 35 inch tires?

Thanks

For the tires? Yes. If you start wheelin’ harder because of bigger tires, you could bend or break something. In other words, and in my opinion, run what you have until you need to replace. 2¢

zimm

Caught the Bug
Run 'em. The stockers usually don't break. The tie rod will bend when you find a bolder to ram it into. When that happens, get something stronger.

I changed out mine when it got a big frown from a rock.

IMG_6173.jpg

MericaMade

Hi

Thanks

Ran the stock tierod on 37s for awhile until it bent due to a rock. Run it till you bend it.

run it untill it bends actually sounds like a good idea and something I should have thought of my self.

Anyway, nothing that is in a hurry then.

MericaMade

Hi

Thanks

When you bend it make sure to hit up Bubba at Exodus Jeeps. He will have a few different choice for you to choose from.

Eliajk

I think that are two different point of view. If you run stock components they work fine and probably you don't need to replace with harder stuff. Or you can buy stronger parts but i think that step by step you will change more parts not only the steering drag link and tie rod. By the first depends how you use your jeep. I run 35" with stock parts and for my medium off-road work perfect

Fighe e cavai no i basta mai

Top Bottom