Wix transmission filter and gasket VS Mopar filter

Captain Skip

I'm getting ready to do a transmission fluid and filter change on my 2015 JK. O'Reilly Auto parts is around the corner from me and they carry the Wix transmission filter and gasket. The closest Jeep dealership is about 30 miles away. I'm thinking about going with the Wix filter but have heard comments about aftermarket transmission filters causing problems in Jeeps with the Mercedes transmission. Is this true or just a fairy tale? Has anyone used the Wix trans filter? If so, any problems or issues? Thanks

USMC Wrangler

I'm getting ready to do a transmission fluid and filter change on my 2015 JK. O'Reilly Auto parts is around the corner from me and they carry the Wix transmission filter and gasket. The closest Jeep dealership is about 30 miles away. I'm thinking about going with the Wix filter but have heard comments about aftermarket transmission filters causing problems in Jeeps with the Mercedes transmission. Is this true or just a fairy tale? Has anyone used the Wix trans filter? If so, any problems or issues? Thanks

I’ve had the Wix filter in mine about a year. Drives just like it did with OE.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I personally try and use factory parts when I can. The trans filter is one of those parts. Wix makes good stuff tho

Top Bottom