35's on a Dana 30?

a-OK_in_my_JK

I've got a 2007 JK Sahara with a Dana 44 in the rear and a Dana 30 in the front. I recently upgraded to 35" tires and while I enjoy the occasional technicaI trail, I mostly use the bigger tires to get me around in deep snow and to roll over obstacles in the woods. I get on rocks usually only to get through rock filters to get onto the trails. I've seen some guys rolling on 37's on a Dana 30. Is that just begging for an issue down the road? Is it worth it to upgrade to a 44 in the front? Thanks! Hey and also if any of you have any recommendations on shops, or where to source axels near Vancouver Washington, let me know.

Sent from my SM-T860 using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I've got a 2007 JK Sahara with a Dana 44 in the rear and a Dana 30 in the front. I recently upgraded to 35" tires and while I enjoy the occasional technicaI trail, I mostly use the bigger tires to get me around in deep snow and to roll over obstacles in the woods. I get on rocks usually only to get through rock filters to get onto the trails. I've seen some guys rolling on 37's on a Dana 30. Is that just begging for an issue down the road? Is it worth it to upgrade to a 44 in the front? Thanks! Hey and also if any of you have any recommendations on shops, or where to source axels near Vancouver Washington, let me know.

Been on 35’s/D30 for several years without issue. Only D30 mods I’ve done are c-gussets, LCA skids and I regeared over a year ago.

Don’t get me wrong, saving up for a 44 and I’m easy on the skinny pedal with the dirty 30.

Elroy231

I'm running 315s on my D30. I've had it about 18 months. I'm pretty aggressive with it. No upgrades to the axel. A danA 44 or 60 is in my future. It's a must. Meanwhile, the D30 is handling way more than I expected it would stand up to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’m running 35’s on my D30 and so far so good. I’m going to be re gearing soon but ultimately a D60 is my end goal. The re gear now is just a stepping stone til I can save up for what I really want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

As others have said, you'll be fine with 35's. I've done it, ran trails like the Rubicon with it and it held up just fine.

Top Bottom