Afe intake and exhaust

ScrappyJT

Installed afe momentum air intake system. Instructions are detailed and straightforward. Took about 30 minutes. Immediately changed the power but with no significance. The sound of air being pulled into engine is noticeable and sounds great. Won’t be able to hide the change from spouses or kids. My son called me out the first time he rode with me. Drove for a week before swapping exhaust to see the difference / benefit.

IMG_1070.jpg IMG_1071.jpg

Installed afe 3" HI-TUCK 409 exhaust system last week. I wanted to give time driving before posting and providing review.

IMG_1072.jpg IMG_1073.jpg IMG_1074.jpg

Install was straight forward and factory exhaust came out in one piece. Took about 30 minutes. Most of that was finding right angle to get out. Key tip, when removing exhaust pull the tail pipe towards the front of the jeep and rotate counter clockwise to get the mufflers past the axle. Went ahead and saved the “old” one in basement. Never know when it may come in handy.

Combined with intake you can feel significant difference. Tire chirping power with 38s. Clearance is better with elimination of second canister by rear exit. Overall did pull exhaust up yet did not change cab flooring temps.

Overall sound and perform improvements well worth it. Sound is not excessive and does not drone on highway which is great. An hour of effort made the world of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom