Dynomax 3.8 Exhaust Question

clark98ut

Has anyone added the over-the-axle piece from the Rockcrawler system to the Evolution Competition system? The drone from the comp system is damn near unbearable.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Has anyone added the over-the-axle piece from the Rockcrawler system to the Evolution Competition system? The drone from the comp system is damn near unbearable.

They use the same muffler so if you think the comp system drones then you might think the rock crawler system does as well.

But to answer your question, yes it will work. I have the rock crawler system on my 2 door. I took the axle pipe off and put the shorty pipe on when I moved out of PA. When I moved back to PA the over axle pipe went back on.

clark98ut

They use the same muffler so if you think the comp system drones then you might think the rock crawler system does as well.

But to answer your question, yes it will work. I have the rock crawler system on my 2 door. I took the axle pipe off and put the shorty pipe on when I moved out of PA. When I moved back to PA the over axle pipe went back on.

I don’t know if it’s really a drone sound, but sounds like one giant, continuous bass sound. I was thinking it might have been the exhaust dumping under the cab instead of out back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wjtstudios

Hooked
I had a lot of clearance issues with my Rear Track bar tagging the axle over. Finally, I pre axle dumped it to fix the problem this weekend.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

CalSgt

Hooked
I'm not sure what this system looks like exactly but I added a resonator right in front of the muffler on my MBRP system & it took 90% of the drone out & quieted it down at idle significantly.

clark98ut

I'm not sure what this system looks like exactly but I added a resonator right in front of the muffler on my MBRP system & it took 90% of the drone out & quieted it down at idle significantly.

Which resonator did you use?

clark98ut

Won't be an issue and will knock the tone down a solid chunk too.

:beer:

Thanks! I'm actually going to try and add one of your bullet mufflers behind the existing muffler first. I'd like to keep it dumped before the axle. Should know Saturday when it gets here and I can get it installed...

The Bullet will knock it down a tad for sure.
Get a big ol' fat clamp too :)
And where eye protection. :beer:
Easy peasy

Thanks! I'm actually going to try and add one of your bullet mufflers behind the existing muffler first. I'd like to keep it dumped before the axle. Should know Saturday when it gets here and I can get it installed...

clark98ut

Got it all installed today. I ended up moving the muffler hanger bracket that comes with the kit to the back side of the evap canister. I had to notch the evap bracket to get the hanger in the right spot so it would line up with the dump that comes with the comp kit.

So with a bullet muffler and a clamp I was able to make it work. I may eventually take it somewhere and have it all welded up, but it’s working for now.

IMG_1958.jpg IMG_1956.jpg IMG_1955.jpg IMG_1952.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
Glad you posted this, i'm about to do the same thing and was wondering where I would place the hanger.

I also have the over axle tube but if this quiets it down enough all the better :thumb:

I don't know if the system got louder or my tolerance got lower with age...

Hey ya young'un in the mustang, put a muffler on that thing! :cheesy:

clark98ut

Glad you posted this, i'm about to do the same thing and was wondering where I would place the hanger.

I also have the over axle tube but if this quiets it down enough all the better :thumb:

I don't know if the system got louder or my tolerance got lower with age...

Hey ya young'un in the mustang, put a muffler on that thing! :cheesy:

I hear ya on age/noise. The thing that bothered me wasn’t so much how loud it was while driving, but that overbearing bass sound it made at idle.

Got pics of the hanger around the EVAP by chance?
EDIT just saw it was loading a bit slow on my end :)
Loos good. Those clamps are my favorite :)

Got it all installed today. I ended up moving the muffler hanger bracket that comes with the kit to the back side of the evap canister. I had to notch the evap bracket to get the hanger in the right spot so it would line up with the dump that comes with the comp kit.

So with a bullet muffler and a clamp I was able to make it work. I may eventually take it somewhere and have it all welded up, but it’s working for now.

View attachment 347929 View attachment 347928 View attachment 347927 View attachment 347926

Top Bottom