Bad splines?

WJCO

Meme King
You're going to have problems putting that in. I would get on the phone with whoever you ordered them from and make them send you a new one. Or see if a machine shop can clean them up and then send the bill to whoever sent you the axle. Looks like it got dropped or crushed after manufacturing.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
You're going to have problems putting that in. I would get on the phone with whoever you ordered them from and make them send you a new one. Or see if a machine shop can clean them up and then send the bill to whoever sent you the axle. Looks like it got dropped or crushed after manufacturing.

Yep, that’s what I thought. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
The one on the right and middle are basically flush with the groove. I’m not sure a file would get the job done.

A thin metal cutting blade or the edge of a thin file should open it up enough to work it smooth.... that blows the flanges were bent too... these guys need to pack shit better. What brand are they?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
A thin metal cutting blade or the edge of a thin file should open it up enough to work it smooth.... that blows the flanges were bent too... these guys need to pack shit better. What brand are they?

I don’t think it was the flange, unless I don’t know what a flange is.

Carbon off-road.

I’m just going to call on Tuesday before I start screwing with it. The hardest part of the project was getting through all the rust, so when I get good parts it should be smooth sailing.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I don’t think it was the flange, unless I don’t know what a flange is.

Carbon off-road.

I’m just going to call on Tuesday before I start screwing with it. The hardest part of the project was getting through all the rust, so when I get good parts it should be smooth sailing.

Sorry... I meant backing plate... Mine was Carbon too... I emailed photos of the damage, they told me to file it out... Their packaging sucks.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Sorry... I meant backing plate... Mine was Carbon too... I emailed photos of the damage, they told me to file it out... Their packaging sucks.

That’s interesting. I’ll report back.

Do you still have the pics that you sent them? I’d like to compare them to mine.

Also, what kind of file did you use?

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
That’s interesting. I’ll report back.

Do you still have the pics that you sent them? I’d like to compare them to mine.

Also, what kind of file did you use?

Looking at the pics, mine wasn’t that bad compared to yours... They responded quickly though. I’d definitely send pics and make sure they honor the warranty if advised to clean it up yourself...

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image1.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
That’s a shame that carbon sent those to you. I have their fronts and mine were great. Austin is a pretty good guy to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Mine were a little messed up like that when I got them too. I used a triangular file like the far left one in TrailHunters photo.

jdofmemi

I’m in the process of installing new rear axles shafts and I noticed this. Are these bad or are these useable? View attachment 347595 View attachment 347596

It sucks they got to you damaged. The good news is it should not hurt the strength of the shaft.

After documenting it, I would not be worried about cleaning it up with a file and running it.

A triangle file will likely be the best fit. It won't hurt a thing out on the end like that, even if you file a little extra to make sure it fits easily.

As above, make sure to send them pics so there is no questions if you were to ever need to warranty one.

Jkratt

As the female John said to the male hooker, I paid more that 200 dollars for a clean shaft. Give me what I paid for. //////get a new one.

Top Bottom