JLU Leg room!

jeeeep

Hooked
I took care of a lot of the JKU issues and have been driving it around and when I got back in the JLU I once again became very aware of the seat not going back far enough as I smashed my knee cap on the headlight switch (again) getting in and sitting with my right leg bent in an uncomfortable driving position.

As much as I think the Misch brackets are over-priced, I decided against trying to hack the seat rail and ordered the Misch driver side.

Install was easy and now have the same leg room as the JK and more!

Images are the driver side bracket, nothing planned for the passenger side.

I used my key fob as space indicator:
B4AFter_KneeRm.jpg

Driver seat birdseye view and more carpet area to get dirty now without the floor mat directly at the front edge of the seat:
FrtSDrvrMount2.jpg

view of the front brackets:
FrtSDrvrMount.jpg

rear bracket view:
RearDrvrMount.jpg

The downside of these brackets, rear floor mat no longer fits. If i can locate my JKU rear mats I'm going to see if they'll fit.
DriverRearFloorMat.jpg

Would I recommend this solution? if you're as fed up as I am about the lack of leg room yes.

If the price included both brackets yes, even if the rear floor mats no longer fit - I'm pretty sure i can find some after market to fit.

If you'd like more leg room but are not 100% pissed off and fed up about the seat not sliding back far enough, I'd wait for a cheaper solution.

Perhaps the short-legged Jeep engineer who designed the stock rails will admit to his/her design error and FCA will offer up a better stock solution. :thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom