9 lives... a tale of resurrection!

Rst8rox

Here is the progression of the YJ known as The Albino Gorilla! We picked up the chassis from a buddy that has had it since the early 2000s when it was bone stock. He was driving it for years as it slowly turned into a trail rig. After years of wheeling and abuse it was torn down to a bare chassis and heading to the scrap yard. It was then that we decided that we needed to buy it and bring Him back to life. It was a long road about 5 years till it moved under its own power. This is the long journey he took!

Here is the first time he was put on our trailer and taken to his new home. IMG_0635.jpg
He sat like this for quite some time as we gathered parts and pieces.
IMG_1103.jpg IMG_1107.jpg IMG_1115.jpg IMG_1095.jpg
As we slowly gathered parts it was time to start to bring the tub back to life. IMG_2189.jpg we got axles and driveline shoehorned in and she was a roller again. IMG_3619.JPG IMG_3621.JPG IMG_3917.jpg IMG_4058.jpg IMG_5015.jpg IMG_5020.jpg
All new floor pans and firewall went it IMG_5065.jpg than it was time to bust out the bender and add a lil tube work IMG_5136.jpg IMG_5157.JPG . We finished up the interior with MasterCrafts and a custom dash/console. IMG_5330.jpg IMG_5331.jpg .

We than got the new wheels and tires mounted up. This is when it made big changes to the way he looked! IMG_5339.jpg IMG_5436.jpg more painting IMG_5407.jpg
It was now time to wrap things up as we were running out of time fast.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Rst8rox

Fuel cell and rear area was installed and buttoned up IMG_5433.jpg IMG_5442.jpg IMG_5446.jpg IMG_5494.jpg IMG_5516.jpg
We made up some armor templates to cut out to fix/ reshape the rear tub area IMG_5519.jpg made some dimple die slider/steps IMG_5524.jpg and made our own driveshafts IMG_5525.jpg IMG_5536.JPG it was than time for a weight in and springs for the CO’s Adjustments.jpg IMG_5545.jpg IMG_5550.jpg IMG_5556.jpg IMG_5558.jpg IMG_5561.jpg than it was time to load up and head to Drummond Island. We wished we had some time to test and tune but he was finished at about 9:30pm the night before we left lol. IMG_5553.jpg all in all he performed great! IMG_5678.jpg IMG_5639.jpg IMG_5710.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I've been wondering when we'd get to see this beast. Looks great.

Also looks like someone is in the market for a set on 1 ton axles ;)

wjtstudios

Hooked
That jeep was so awesome see in person! An absolute beast, I just wish I could’ve seen it on the trail. Nice work [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Rst8rox

Nice work. :thumb:

I've been wondering when we'd get to see this beast. Looks great.

Also looks like someone is in the market for a set on 1 ton axles ;)

That jeep was so awesome see in person! An absolute beast, I just wish I could’ve seen it on the trail. Nice work [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Damn Matt. That is impressive as hell. Would love to get out and see that perform.

You'll need to get longer shocks for the front...not nearly enough flex...hehe

Thanks guys! It was definitely a long process with a big push at the end to get it out this weekend. We still didn’t finish everything but it is very close. It felt great to get him out on the trails for the 1st time in years. He preformed great with little to no issues. With a few more tuning trips he will be right where he needs to be.

Truly thankful to all that helped get the Albino Gorilla ready.

Rst8rox

Sweet ride! You have some skills to do all that work your self. Do you race to? Your jeep looked like it scaled out pretty good to lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Bud! We don’t race it, it’s just for fun! 16” CO’s, v8 with wontons & 43” sticky Mickey’s. We both were pleased with the outcome. It surpassed all of our expectations thus far.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Thanks Bud! We don’t race it, it’s just for fun! 16” CO’s, v8 with wontons & 43” sticky Mickey’s. We both were pleased with the outcome. It surpassed all of our expectations thus far.

I thought you mite have had a stock car or something to have a set of scales like that. Your jeep has a little cross weight in it like the dirt track cars i use to race. About 100 pounds of bite it the rear to like my street stock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom