Where to mount a VHF antenna on a Gladiator

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looking for ideas where people are mounting CB antennas on the gladiator and how they are getting the coax outside of the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just ran my coax cable between the hard top and body. On the rear corner of the body, the quarter panel, it'll fit through there and the hard top has a gap too. Before I installed a bed rack, I made a bracket using angle iron and bolted it to where one of the bed rail bolts go.

ScrappyJT

About to start this same effort. I’ll take some photos for ideas. Will be leveraging WOL - CB Bar, combined with quadratec firestick front fender setup. Watched the install video from Eddie and got ideas on how to run coax.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
I just ran my coax cable between the hard top and body. On the rear corner of the body, the quarter panel, it'll fit through there and the hard top has a gap too. Before I installed a bed rack, I made a bracket using angle iron and bolted it to where one of the bed rail bolts go.
That’s good to know, I’ll give that a shot. I’m in the process of building a rack so I’ll probably mount it on there. Thanks for the reply and looking forward to getting your cb bar.

About to start this same effort. I’ll take some photos for ideas. Will be leveraging WOL - CB Bar, combined with quadratec firestick front fender setup. Watched the install video from Eddie and got ideas on how to run coax.
That’s not a bad spot for the antenna. [emoji1360]

ScrappyJT

Started during lunch to run wiring for power. Goal is to run coax on driver and the power on passenger. Attached is the power side.

I took off the right side panel with T40 torx.
IMG_1121.jpg

Then inserted hanger from outside hinge. Under rubber cover.
IMG_1122.jpg

Then taped power wires and pulled back through.
IMG_1124.jpg

Took about 10 minutes. I haven’t wired the power but wanted to show how one could address it.

The power cable goes up between front window support and window frame , across the top then to the center to the radio.
IMG_1125.jpg

Last edited:

ScrappyJT

Used quadratec JT fender kit. Mounted antenna on driver side
IMG_1127.jpg

Handy mounting bracket available to leverage just inside to hold coax cable
IMG_1128.jpg

Ran along wiring , installed coax installation per instructions and pulled up under drivers side front seat.
IMG_1131.jpg

Ran under plastic door guard, under plastic foot guard and upside
IMG_1130.jpg

Tucked between window and front pillar and up across the top. (Existing wiring there, be careful not to dislodge when tucking in)
IMG_1129.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
Well I received my cb bar from Eddie and got it installed. High quality, super fast shipping and fit amazing. Thanks so much Eddie! I ended up running my coax out the back through the rear vent and I’m making a bracket for my rack I’m building. Excited to get it all together.

IMG_1555.jpg

Top Bottom